Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

doe n heat scents

Lucky

Sunbury
Was wondering about everyones opinion or feelings on using doe estrous scents here in rut. Ive used b4 with little success have usualy brought in smaller 2.5 yr olds but only once in dec secondary rut i had a big boy come into it. ive usually watched them pay no attention or minamal and even seemed spooked. Had does spook from it so really havnt used in few yrs. I dont buy the cheap stuff usually premium stuff . Whats you guys feelings on it or scent drag. trying to decide on it tom with high winds tom figure it will carry scent for a distance. The can doe bleat this time of yr has pulled in some monsters to me but trying to decide on using it again tom. Whats your thoughts on using it?

Lucky

Sunbury
Kinda my experience too and last thing i want is to keep the does away rite now nothing better than a doe comming by stand this time of year and the anticipation of what could b following behind thanks for reply

Lucky

Sunbury
Ya this time of year i dont go without the can ive pulled in two of my biggest bucks with the can but was trying to decide on putting out scent tom but the can is my favorite call this time of year I dont blind call with it but if theres one around its brought some trotting rite in

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I used Evercalm all this past week, as well as the VS-1 doe in heat scent. I can't say it made any difference whatsoever but the observation time was pretty limited... So I can't make a call on it yet. I do know the VS-1 was fuckin expensive. Lol

Lucky

Sunbury
i had golden estrous on a couple wicks today had to good bucks come in shot a decent one but they really paid not much attention to it but both came in upwind of me so not sure if they got much wind of it