Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Does anybody own a Chevy Blazer?

hunterkid94

Just wanted to ask how you like your blazer (if you have one) Im looking to get one since I want to sell my car and get something a little more practical for ohio winters and hunting of course!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
If you're looking for a suv for winters and offroad, you cant go wrong with a jeep. I've had mine for a while and they'll go anywhere and ride somewhat good. The inline 6 is a really reliable engine TOO/

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
I had a 96 Chevy Blazer for years...got rid of it a little over a year ago. It was a fine vehicle mechanically, the engines (as others have said) are strong and fully reliable. My only complaint with the Blazer was that the interior panels and plastics seemed to just fall apart for no apparent reason. If your looking for a vehicle for hunting/fishing purposes, to play around with, or to haul small-medium trailer loads you can't go wrong with one; just don't expect to have an interior "show" vehicle.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
If you're looking for a suv for winters and offroad, you cant go wrong with a jeep. I've had mine for a while and they'll go anywhere and ride somewhat good. The inline 6 is a really reliable engine TOO/

Agreed. I bought my 95' Jeep Grand Cherokee limited 11 years ago (had 47k miles on it and now has 171k) and it was 5 years old when I got it and I haven't had any major problems with it until now and it isn't even a huge deal just needs the main bearing replaced. I have been through snow even with the hood and it did just fine. The straight 6 is a motor that will run forever and get fairly good gas mileage out of.

I know a few people that drive the Blazer and they seem happy with them. I haven't driven one other then test driving years ago but I see plenty of them on the roads around here so they should do ok for ya. Good luck and I hope you can find a good deal on one.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We bought a 2001 brand new. Well, we leased it. Last time I will do that. The Blazer did pretty respectable in the snow. Drove nice, mileage was as could be expected. Lots of issues with things like wheel bearings and just cheap parts in general that didn't last. I am a maintenance freak so it wasn't due to lack of maintenance or abuse. Turned it in, bought a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee for $5k cash in Jan 2006. Still driving it. Minimal issues. Just normal maintenance. Mid teens around town, high teens on the highway. 166k miles now and rolling. Go with the 4.0L straight six engine.