Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Don't Forget Tomorrow

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I know this is a little on the late side but I wanted to share it with you all anyway. As we all visit with family tomorrow for Thanksgiving take a minute out of the day to cherish each and everyone of your family members.

Taylor Morgan Zumbro

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Taylor Morgan Zumbro, 16, of 1671 State Route 598, Galion, passed away unexpectedly, Nov. 21, 2010 at Galion Commun-ity Hospital, Galion.

Taylor was born in Galion on July 1, 1994. She was the daughter of Lori A. Zumbro of Galion and Michael F. and Terrie Zumbro of Mansfield. She lived in Galion her entire lifetime.

Taylor enjoyed spending time with friends and family. Taylor was a member of St. Paul United Methodist Church in Galion and attended Galion High School where she was a sophomore and a very proud member of the class of 2013.

Taylor was active in track, tennis and lettered in swimming. She was also a member of St. Paul Café, French Club, Yearbook, School Plays, Musical Junction, SADD, Key Club, Teen Green and many years of dance.

Taylor was a great friend, a loving sister and a perfect daughter. She will be missed dearly.

She is survived by her brothers Evan Zumbro, Austin Zumbro and Ian Zumbro and her sister Shannon Woodson; grandparents Linda and Rex Crawford of Powell; Larry and Charlene Zumbro of McConnelsville; her Uncle Sean and T.J. Ruth of Williamsport; Aunt Tawnya and David Tidd, Cardington; numerous great-aunts, uncles, cousins, friends and her puppy “Nala” also survives.

She was preceded in death by her grandfather Larry G. Ruth in 2008 and her grandmother Linda Zumbro.

Friends may call Friday from Noon until 3 p.m. and 5 until 8 p.m. at the Mark A. Schneider Funeral Home, Galion.

The family will also receive friends on Saturday from 11 a.m. until the time of services at 1 p.m. at the Galion Middle School, Galion with Rev. Tom Snode officiating.

Memorial contributions may be made to Galion City School District in care of the funeral home, for a special project to be announced at a later date to honor Taylor. On-line condolences may be made at masfh.com

Buckmaster

Portage
Too young to go.

I've been suffering from a nasty cold and cough the past 2 weeks.
I've run myself down and still continued to hunt, even sick.
Last Sunday upon return from Deer Camp......while at the dinner table I was coughing real hard.
So hard enough I passed out at the table in front of my wife, father in law, and 2 kids.
I was out for a few seconds as my father in law caught me from hitting the floor.
They tell me I was starting to go into convulsions.
I woke a few seconds later after seeing complete darkness.
I had drewl down the front of my shirt, got up, and called it quits for dinner.
My kids were both crying and my wife was in hysterics.
I took a couple minutes to gather my thoughts and went to the basement to finish butchering my deer from Friday's kill.
Boy, you never know.....for a few seconds I thought I was going to visit Jesus at the age of 39.
~BM

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Dang dude, You gotta take care of yourself....Rest is important.

I know I am one to take life for granted sometimes. Sometimes its not worth it!!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
It is still unclear what Taylor died from but what I do know is a little unsettling to me.

She was at a friends house where they was playing on the WII when Taylor felt sick. She ended up going to the bathroom where she passed out. After regaining conciseness she yelled out to her friend who came to check on here. Taylor told her friend that she had pain in the middle of her chest. The friend's mother called the ambulance right away. When the medics arrived they found Taylor awake and able to tell them what was going on. While transporting Taylor to the Hospital she was in and out of conciseness. As soon as the ambulance reached the ER doors she coded. They worked on Taylor for an hour and half without being able to revive her even once.

They did have an autopsy done but the reports haven't been completed yet that I know of. As soon as I hear something I will post an update.

Taylor was friends with my oldest daughter and had been in the last couple school plays together. Taylor's twin brothers Evan and Austin have been in my youngest daughters class since pre-school so we have known them for about 10yrs now. Great family and great kids.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
It's easy to lose track of what's important in life with all of the distractions we have to face each and everyday. I know I'm guilty of that more often than I should be.

Thanks for the reminder RedCloud. I'm also very sorry to hear about the loss of a family friend. We'll keep your family and theirs in the prayers at the Curran house.

I hope everybody at TOO has a safe, and Happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
WOW, that is a shame for that girl to lose her life at such a young age. I am sorry to hear that.

I couldn't imagine losing my daughter, her parents must feel horrible.

God has a plan for us all, sometimes it doesn't make sense to us, but it doesn't always have to.