Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Don't Forget Your Orange! Nov 20/21

rrr

Just thought of this myself and I figured that this would be a good reminder that this weekend is youth gun season and everyone in the woods has to wear orange!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Just thought of this myself and I figured that this would be a good reminder that this weekend is youth gun season and everyone in the woods has to wear orange!

Nope.... I refuse to wear orange this weekend..... I'm wearing nothing but camo....

I've got reserve duty this weekend lol..... dang.....

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great! Thanks for reminding me Ernie. I need to get my blaze orange hunting thong picked up at the dry cleaners. It will need to air out a few days before the weekend. :smile:

Just so i don't have to look it up, what is the oldest age for "youth" hunters? We have a sophmore in HS hunting with us this weekend and weren't sure where to put him as we don't know what weapon he will be sporting.

Yes, we could ask his Dad, but won't talk to him again until Friday.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I usually carry it in and hang it from my tree. Not exactly legal, but there shouldn't be any youth hunters where I'm gonna be anyway!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I'll definitly be out on sunday, i cant hunt saturday (bball :smiley_armscrossed:). every shooter we have seen this yr could have been easily taken with a gun, so my hopes are high.
btw hicks you should be fine, im a jr in hs and i still gots another yr or youth hunt

rrr

Hicks - 17 or younger.

Does anyone change how they hunt bc of the orange vest or just make changes based on more deer running around?

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I usually carry it in and hang it from my tree. Not exactly legal, but there shouldn't be any youth hunters where I'm gonna be anyway!

Same here dude. That's if I even bring it. There will be no one in the woods but us this weekend where we are headed. But I might as well take it with me 'cause you never know...

Diablo54

Outside
Last year I was hunting my own property durring youth season I hunted with a bow and just hung my orange hat on a limb beside me and laid my vest on my platform.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'll definitly be out on sunday, i cant hunt saturday (bball :smiley_armscrossed:). every shooter we have seen this yr could have been easily taken with a gun, so my hopes are high.
btw hicks you should be fine, im a jr in hs and i still gots another yr or youth hunt

I'm in the same boat. My two boys are in the Elementary basketball league. Their first game is Saturday morning :smiley_armscrossed: :smiley_basketball:
Obviously our varsity basketball coach, who runs the league, doesn't give a shit about deer hunting... bastard!

I'll have them out in the afternoon and all day Sunday.

Some of you guys may be able to use the increased population in the woods to your advantage this weekend. Good luck!

Last edited:

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I'm in the same boat. My two boys are in the Elementary basketball league. Their first game is Saturday morning :smiley_armscrossed:

I'll have them out in the afternoon and all day Sunday.

Some of you guys may be able to use the increased population in the woods to your advantage this weekend. Good luck!

I've had good look during youth season in the past. I'm gonna take a youth out this weekend. Just not sure which one and where just yet. Should be a good hunt.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Just so i don't have to look it up, what is the oldest age for "youth" hunters? We have a sophmore in HS hunting with us this weekend and weren't sure where to put him as we don't know what weapon he will be sporting.

I ran into this with Andrea last year, she was a HS senior. She turned 18 on the Saturday of the youth hunt, I talked to the game warden and she was OK to hunt it as long as her permit was purchased prior to her turning 18.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks guys. Guess I better be sporting orange while this kid is hunting. Think I will hunt the other side of the property or another property altogether (while wearing orange).

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Hoping that the extra people in the woods will help out this weekend. I will be taking my son out tomorrow morning. He has been so close to harvesting his first deer this year so Hopefully this will be his time. Just got to remember to take the extra orange vest to tie to the top of the blind.