Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Down again!!!!!!!!!

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
That does suck! Sry to hear about it man.. My buddy had his Right hip replaced when he was 28 and he is doing awesome now at the age of 31 he is in the best shape of his life.. I am 33 I had my first back surgery 2 weeks before my 29th bday now at 33 I am looking at a 4 vertibre fusion in lower back and more than likely before the end of the year.. I have done the steroid shots and cortizone.. Cortizone helped for a lil bit, but steroids were much better.. Good luck hope you make it through the end of the year!!

Last edited:

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
That sucks man! If you do end up getting the shots be sure it's not the stuff that they are pulling off the shelves that is causing this Meningitis outbreak. 109 or so people infected, caused by a steroid shot.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for you man!!

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Thanks for the encouragement again guys, just to update everyone I am getting around alittle better now, walking semi normal with a good limp, I have an appointment with Dr. Cory Jackson he is the ortho Dr. that worked with me on my shoulder on the 23rd. I tried to get an earlier appointment but he is a busy guy seeing as he is the only orthopedic surgeon in Cambridge right now. Treestands are out of the question for quite awhile but I have one ground blind set up and a buddy who said I could use his blind also for a change of scenery if I wanted. Gonna see how the rest of the week goes and hopefully I can limp out to one the ground blinds for a few hours

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Well guys I dont know what to say, Its hard to put into words what some of your friends will do for you. Acouple of my buddies know I have been down in the dumps about this deal and to be truthful I really havent been in the greatest of moods lately, got a phone call from one of them this morning and told me we was hunting tommorow morning, well I told him that I didnt think the hip was gonna be up to it but he told me to not worry about it that he and the landowner had it taken care of!!! He is gonna pick me up in the morning and take me, when we get there he said the landowner will be waiting on us and he is gonna give me a ride on his quad to a ground blind he has that is set up on a travel route where the deer are returning from feeding to their beds. I cannot say how much I appreciate this and to know that I have friends that would go this far to get me into the woods is just unbelievable!!

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Very cool that you're able to "hitch a ride" :smiley_coolpeace:
I'm hoping for your success, but if it don't swing your way, I'll bet some TOOzers could HillbillyExpress some venison your way if'n you start getting withdrawals!
But my guess is that your stand will produce and you'll be elbow deep in a deer pretty soon!