Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dremel....corded or cordless

Smawgunner2

Athens County
My Dremel is as old as they come. Takes a small wrench to change out the bits, cord has been cut and sliced, loud as hell but still runs. I'm Leary about a cordless one. How long will the battery last, will they change the battery down the road where the tool is useless, am I going to forget the charger when I'm out on a job....etc etc. Anyone have a cordless and what are the pros and cons?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've had a couple cordless Dremels. Don't do it. The batteries ALWAYS lose their life eventually. There's nothing more frustrating than running out of juice before you can complete the task at-hand. Get a corded model, no question.

I actually bought a small rotary tool at Harbor Freight that is made by Bauer. It's got a cord. Smaller and more ergonomic than my other Dremel-brand tools. I like it so far. And it was like 1/3 of the price of a Dremel.

P8riot

Carbon, In
They have litium ones now. My wife has one for dog grooming, doing nails. I had to cut a hole in some vinyl siding and it was honestly nice to grab the cordless and not worry about extension cords. As my primary, no way. The cordless does have its place though. My primary is a corded model with the flexible extension wand. That wand is amazing and worth the $!!!