Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Duck hunting in Japan

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
A friend of mine is the guy in charge of killing all the birds on base. The intent is to keep them away from the runway. He's supposed to take me out duck hunting on base this year. He's even got a professionally trained lab too. Dang! There might be hope after all!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds like a good time man! A friend of mine works for USDA, and gets to shoot gulls at airports on occasion. Definitely makes me jealous.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
I spoke with my buddy today. All I need to do is take the range safety officer course on marinenet.mil and get on the access roster to draw shot guns and ammo from the station armory.

It's crazy how many birds he can kill here. There are so many birds that we have two or three bird strikes a week (bird strike is when an aircraft hits a bird. This can cause structural damage to the airframe or if sucked into a jet intake destroy the motor. All are very dangerous situations to be in). He said a few weeks ago he killed 100, yes I said, 100 birds (seagulls, crows, herrings, and such). Iwakuni is also on the migration path for ducks. In about a month this place is supposed to be over run with them.

Geezer

*Hims a Super Moderator*
I spoke with my buddy today. All I need to do is take the range safety officer course on marinenet.mil and get on the access roster to draw shot guns and ammo from the station armory.

It's crazy how many birds he can kill here. There are so many birds that we have two or three bird strikes a week (bird strike is when an aircraft hits a bird. This can cause structural damage to the airframe or if sucked into a jet intake destroy the motor. All are very dangerous situations to be in). He said a few weeks ago he killed 100, yes I said, 100 birds (seagulls, crows, herrings, and such). Iwakuni is also on the migration path for ducks. In about a month this place is supposed to be over run with them.

wud do japanese ducks sound like ???? cuuuuk cuuuuk cuuuuk cuuuk - or wud :smiley_cheese:

Matt

Norton, OH
This would be a cool duck to get on over there Chuck. I think it would make an awesome mount.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Do they have a problem w/ground dwelling mammals too?
Whats the biggest game they have over there?

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Do they have a problem w/ground dwelling mammals too?
Whats the biggest game they have over there?

No gophers or ground hogs or anything like that. At least not from what I've seen.

I'm guessing the deer are the biggest animals here. They also have wild boar.

I don't know if this one was killed in Japan, but if so DANG!!!! I have seen pictures of some ok sika deer bucks killed around here though. There is plenty of habitat for them so it wouldn't surprise me if there were some good ones around. I believe you have to join a club too to get access to hunting land, but I'm not sure.

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Plus he seems to have kilt that deerz in the ass. I have done the same but I always try and cover that in the pricktures.

wtf??

Last edited: