Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

EOtech 557

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I just bought a EOtech 557 from a guy. I got a great deal on it and almost bought the gun it was on but decided to wait since I already have my eye on another rifle. I paid less than half of retail. I usually wouldn't buy an optic that is this pricey unless it is a true "scope". For the price I figure I will put it through it's paces.

Will report back after a few hundred rounds. It is going on my Saiga.

Beentown

Nice

I used one on a AR
Currently out of my price range

But still nice

I guess it is to late to warn you
But I was warned about some Knock Off's of the EOtech's
Don't remember witch model
But I do remember they lost their seal and fogged up

If you bought it cheap and don't know the seller , look real close
As I remember if you looked at the box , something was different for the EOtech box

John

Last edited:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Yeah I know what to look for on the clones. Most of the clones don't even put a logo on. I haven't seen any that come with the EOtech literature. Thanks for the heads up though John.

Beentown

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH

Put it on the ole AK and put 270 rounds down the pipe. Man this thing is awesome! It was easy to get it on target within 5 shots and dialed within 12 shots. It held its zero for the little I used it today. It is good to about 150 for me but after that the sight picture sucks for anything other than Minute of Man.

Is it worth the money...no. I would rather have my Vortex Strikefire for $149 compared to a new price of $400 or more for these. I have to say it is a nice unit and I did order a magnifier for it. I also ordered a Ultimak forend for the AK. It will bring the optic down and make the sight picture easier and more consistent. Will report more as I use it more.

I also have another toy on the way via my FFL :)

Beentown

Last edited: