Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ever heard of a Foxelli trail cam?

Creamer

Athens
My wife found this at a yard sale over the weekend. For $10 I figured it was worth a shot. Seems to work, I've had it up for a few nights on the mineral block in the back yard. We'll see what kind of work it does.

Creamer

Athens
I had it up for a couple of days/nights. Daytime pics were actually really good. Nighttime pics, the flash seemed pretty weak, but the battery level is also very low. I'll feed it some new juice and see if the nighttime pics get better. Either way, for $10, it functions.

Chass

The Hills
The china cams are good for spots you check often and dont really care about. The unreliability of them make them not effective in areas you dont check often. Lots of them on Amazon, but they're still not $10 cheap. Good snag!

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I had it up for a couple of days/nights. Daytime pics were actually really good. Nighttime pics, the flash seemed pretty weak, but the battery level is also very low. I'll feed it some new juice and see if the nighttime pics get better. Either way, for $10, it functions.
When it goes bad, you can always take it to bass pro/cabelas...they give you money for trading it in on a new trailcam. Not sure how much but I’m thinking around $35.

Reactions: Creamer

Creamer

Athens
I haven't updated this in a while, but after a decent trial period for the $10 yard sale Foxelli, here's my thoughts. Daytime pics are actually very good. Pretty sharp, good colors. Trigger speed seems OK, granted mine has been over a salt block, but animals walking by have triggered the camera and had pics taken. Where this camera struggles is at night. The flash range is short and the flash is also narrow. Anything on the periphery of the pic is not getting illuminated. Night time pics are also kinda fuzzy. Battery life has been excellent. Here's a few samples.

These fawns have been around the yard the entire summer.

And these are the Three Amigos. See these bucks all the time. Yes, the one on the right is a minuscule spike, very hard to see. The other two look like twins. I'm sure they will be doe chasin' fools this fall.

And here's a sample nighttime pic, showing the grainy quality and narrow flash beam.

Honestly, my biggest beef with the camera is that it takes Micro SD cards. I have a few, but my gosh they are easy to mishandle and drop when you're trying to swap cards. I've dropped them a few times and they were hard to locate in the grass. But for $10, it's working.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Check the screens the slightest smudge can throw the flash off on some of them cameras. Clean is a must.
$10 camera that takes pictures nothing wrong with that!

Reactions: Creamer