Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Explain Your User Name

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I was always told of my fathers side of the family and the Indian bloodline of Cherokee. I have always liked Native American history,pics,and artifacts. My grand parents on my dad's side moved to Tennessee in the late 80's and we went to visit one time and drove through the Smokey Mountains on our way back stopping in Cheokee, NC. in a few shops on our way back picking up souvenirs.

Flash forward 10 years. My grandmother had passed away and so has my father. We get a call that my grandfather in Tennessee and his new wife had been killed in a trailer fire. My mother,sister,myself and my uncle headed down to see what we could do. Long story there :(. We was heading back and stopped my a big craft store and I happened across a bone knife and it had a picture of RedCloud on that knife. I picked up that knife and bought it not knowing at the time my mom's grandpa sat on the Nakota Tribal Council. The 101 and 102 that I use is because of HISTORY 101 & 102 classes lol.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I got banned from OS.. "Permanently".... So I created another account, and it was also banned... So I created a Jackalope account and used an anonymous IP proxy for months on end... The name Jackalope came from a running skit in the early 90s on Americas funniest home videos.. The jackalope would always say "Fast as fast can be, you'll never catch me"....

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Damn. I wish I had a cooler name but its to late now...

Its simply my three initials. the 3 is because I'm the 3ed. Named after my fathers father.
(Traditional guy to the end)

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My name is about as unoriginal as it gets... J stands for Jim, and Brown... well, I think you can figure it out. OS was the first online forum I had ever become a member of, and I didn't even think about coming up with some catchy name. JBrown has been my tag ever since.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Dante is a favorite fictional character, dantes inferno
it is also the lead character in one of my favorite video games, devil may cry
322 is my birthday, march 22nd

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Mine is not so original either. Used hickslawns on different industry forums, when I setup my ebay account and so on. Figured the more the people see the name the more they remember the business. Hicks Lawn Services, LLC is the business so there is my very imaginative user name.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
We have the name thread, now let's hear what's behind your user name.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well os was really the first forum that I ever really joined. So that is where I learned all about how these things operate. I have only owned one compound and it is a Hoyt. Of course that was already taken so I came up with hoytmania. Don't really know why it was just what came to mind.

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
When my brothers and I first started hunting we shot does on year 1. We didn't even wait long enough to be able to see a buck...if it was brown it was down. Year 2 we all saw a buck from the same stand that was a little, old, jacked up buck that had only a right side to his rack. We named him one horned Willy. It was the first buck that we had seen in the woods and all of us darn near crapped ourselves because we had actually seen a buck. My brother (not deerburger, the other one) shot him that day and my uncle had him mounted to commemorate the occasion. One horn Willy still sits on his man room wall. He was the buck that hooked me. Now, I can't stop. And, that's the story.