Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

F’ing drains are stopped up!

Buckrun

Had a foot of water in the basement last Monday. Got it all pumped out. Ran all the down spouts into the yard. They were piped into the tile around the foundation. Dug the tile up that runs to the ditch. Pulled 2 tile out and set a sump pump down there.

Today I am getting ready to go to work and see water coming up the drain again. I put a plug in the drain to stop it. There was about 3/4” on the floor only 6’ circle. Left for work and wife calls me 1 hr later. The whole basement is flooded again 2+” deep. I come home and get the pump going again.

We don’t have a sump pump pit it is natural drainage to the ditch. Something is plugging it at the house somewhere because the hold I dug just has a little water in it.

I bought a big power eel that has 100 ft of cable. Running it down all the different spots that go to the tile. No luck so far. $400.00 down the tube! That could have been a new Howa rifle. Now thinking I should have rented that big unit and ran it in from the hole I dug at the back of the property.

Very pissed right now! Should have called someone and said fix it! But all they want to do is dig up the foundation.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well on a side note you should be able too recoup some of your money on the resale of a slightly used power auger..... :smiley_coolpeace:

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
It's that fun time of year! Good luck man.

Here is how I spent my Saturday. My sump line was cracked at the 45 degree elbow.
HPIM2114.jpg
Since the angle was all messed up due to pipe drop, I had to get creative. I was just going to put a new flexible elbow, but decided against it.
HPIM2115.jpg

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
So what you are saying is that your floor drains in your basement go into the same drains that all your downspouts go into? Where does your line go out for your main sewer?

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
I just spent the last few hours clearing the neighbor's horseshit and bullshit they pushed into the ditch. Took me a day or so to figure out it was not ice stoping the flow. Sent Hunter and his buddies downstream to see what they could find. 5 doors down they pushed shit into the crick and put in two stone bridges with no tile under them. I got the water moving agian pretty good but I will be getting the county out here to do it right on Monday.

Just hard to believe people can be so stupid.

Buckrun

There is a large tile around the foundation with 3 drains in the floor of the basement. The down spouts were ran into the tile then it all runs to a ravine behind my property. The house is 50+ years old. This year is the first we have had a problem.

Got to get back to work on it. I am now thinking it may have caved in.

Mike glad you were able to get your fixed.

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
There is a large tile around the foundation with 3 drains in the floor of the basement. The down spouts were ran into the tile then it all runs to a ravine behind my property. The house is 50+ years old. This year is the first we have had a problem.

Got to get back to work on it. I am now thinking it may have caved in.

Mike glad you were able to get your fixed.

50+ yrs old means that the discharge line is probably clay tile. It could have collapsed, or it could be clogged with roots. Any trees nearby.... particularly maples? Have you tried running that auger up through the outlet side of the pipe?