Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

F*CK CANCER

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
My biological father lost his battle with leukemia Monday morning. He's been sick for a while. So it wasn't unexpected. It's been rougher than I thought it would be. He wasn't always involved with my life, but we made the best of it these last few years. I'm gong to miss my fishing buddy.

Just an fyi for all of you guys. When it comes time to plan a funeral for a Veteran, DO NOT let the funeral home tell you it's very hard to find a live Bugler to play Taps. I was given a link by the Navy Operations Support Center in Louisville Kentucky, filled out the info and within minutes I had a response. I've always told my wife, when I die, if someone shows up with a plastic bugle and a tape recorder, I'll jump out of my casket and start smacking mother Fuckers.

I spoke with the guy who will be doing the service for us. He just joined Bugles Across America in June and has done 90 funerals since then. He is actually about 20 minutes from me and is going to drive the two hours southwest to Sellersburg Indiana for the funeral. He's retired and loves to do these for Veterans. Totally volunteer, on his own time and his own dime. The link is posted below. I hope it helps one of you guys one day.

Bugles Across America > Home

My brother and I are headed back down this Thursday to schedule the funeral. Per the Floyd County board of health, funeral homes are only allowed one viewing a day. So we won't get to bury him until middle of next week.

I'm not asking for donations, but if anyone would like to donate to Bugles Across America, it would certainly help their cause.

Thanks guys.

Screenshot_20210119-185005_Contacts.jpg