Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

F you thieves..

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
So glad I filled it up for them yesterday morning before work...

You ever see the Seinfield episode where he got his car stolen and the guy used his car phone and called him and asked questions about it????? Classic....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Jeezus J ouch :smiley_crocodile:

Yeah I was feeling a little guilty after posting it but you gotta take it with a grain of salt..... This kinda shit happens evey day and it sucks it happened too one of our own and the good thing is there's a boat load of eyes accross the state that can keep an eye out for it now..... I just hope he makes it out ok with the insurance company..... I hate dealing with them..... Sorry if my attempt of humor was a little rough epe..... :smiley_coolpeace:

Flatlander

Darby Creek
I would say I hope they catch the trash who stole it, but I will say if they catch the trash whom stole it,
I hope he gets more punishment than the trash who stole my sons NEW GSXR motorcycle. Long story short, we ended up finding out who did it, went to the house where the bike was and confronted the guy who did it, called the police. Guy ended up walking because the prosecutor said, "it was illegal search." I guess we should have just broke his arms like we were going to when we first found it. :smiley_blackeye:

epe

Lancaster
Yeah I was feeling a little guilty after posting it but you gotta take it with a grain of salt..... This kinda shit happens evey day and it sucks it happened too one of our own and the good thing is there's a boat load of eyes accross the state that can keep an eye out for it now..... I just hope he makes it out ok with the insurance company..... I hate dealing with them..... Sorry if my attempt of humor was a little rough epe..... :smiley_coolpeace:

The insurance company has me worried..I have a feeling they are gonna try to screw me over. The car was in excellent shape.I have caught so much Hell at work I'vw heard em all by now...Heck even one of the women I talk to got me good.. Her payback is coming when she comes over tonight...:D

Milo

Tatonka guide.
You Have any recent pictures? Get on kbb.com and print out the prices for 3rd party value for it.

Flatlander

Darby Creek
Depends on your insurance company, but when I disagreed with the value they gave me I found 3 similar vehicles for sale and printed them off from the net and they took the average and paid it. Of course I found the 3 highest priced similar vehicles. They also pay the sales tax provided you buy a replacement, if you just keep the check they won't pay the tax.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
If you don't agree too the price they're going too give you.... don't sign anything .... the press the adjusters too close out the claim as quickly and as cheaply as they can....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If you don't agree too the price they're going too give you.... don't sign anything .... the press the adjusters too close out the claim as quickly and as cheaply as they can....

Agreed. YOU pay for insurance. I would not settle unless you were satisfied with the results. Do not sign squat unless you are satisfied.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Find a car as close as you can to the one you lost.....Year, Model, Miles, Color and Condition. Have paperwork wrote up and show them what it is going to cost you to replace yours. This worked for my Father and maybe just so with you.

Lundy

Sorry for your luck. Just find some comperable cars to negotiate the price with the insurance company. You will get the sales tax on your repalcement purchase refunded to you up to the value they paid you for your stolen car.

Just curious, maybe I missed it, What kind of car was it? Why did they pick yours to steal?