Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Facebook Marketplace.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Basically yes. Prior to marketing I told him my plan. He laughed. Said "good luck. I'm not messing with it. It is out of my garage. That's all I want." He enjoyed what we have dubbed The Adventures of FB Marketplace." He even came over and helped me repair the air compressor. At which point I handed him $40 and said he could obviously use the air compressor whenever he wanted to. He laughed and said he would be using the big air compressor (the 240v one in the shop) soon to fix his ride. Lol. I didn't just screw over my buddy.

I wasn't implying you screened your buddy man, just how resourceful you are at turning a dime into a dollar. Or in this case nothing into 60 bucks. I would have said scew it like your buddy and left it on the pile. 😅

Reactions: hickslawns

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I wasn't implying you screened your buddy man, just how resourceful you are at turning a dime into a dollar. Or in this case nothing into 60 bucks. I would have said scew it like your buddy and left it on the pile. 😅

Some things aren't worth the hassle. Or the haggle. I enjoy the haggle. It isn't even about money. When I was younger it was. I didn't have any money. I had to negotiate, hope, and pray they accepted an offer. Now it is like haggling for the sport of it. 🤣🤣

My buddy kept sending links last night to shows about haggling, trading up from a wagon to a Corvette over a series of so many trades, etc. It was pretty funny. He calls himself our "asset liquidation manager." Then I blamed him for bringing another air compressor to the shop when. He is supposed to be helping me thin out excess stuff. 🤷

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Saw this bike in yard sale yesterday. Asked the guy how much he wanted for it. He said $30. So, looking around on that bike checking for brakes and chain for a good 10 mins. Frame on that bike wasn’t exactly shiny or almost new, rust all over. Brakes and chain seemed fine to me. I asked what’s the lowest you’ll go for. He went on like man I can sell that for like 40 bucks easily and so on and on about it. Then finally he says I’ll do $25. Sold!
5C09CA5F-FBDE-4B23-892D-58A0A1984CB3.jpeg

I just ran through this whole thread and am, for the first time in my life, nearly speechless! I'm going to go wash my eyes out with hand sanitizer now...

As to the side of the road stuff, i saw a big pile of crap along side a guys driveway and in the pile was one of those giant plastic M&M green candy display pieces that looked like an M&M candy cow girl complete with arms and legs in cowgirl boots. I think hell that would make a sweet giant mail box for in front of my house! So I stop and look at it and it is chock full of stuff. There's an old boy sitting on the porch so I yell to him and he just waves to take it all.
I load it up and take it home. I share the story with the misses and she thinks it will get stolen the first night I put it out. That makes sense, so I look it up on eBay. They are selling for like $300 and the people are paying up to $75 to ship them too. I list it and it's gone in an hour! I dump the crap stuffed inside out unscrew the arms and legs then jam them inside, build a box out of cardboard and put it in then get rid of all the packing material i've got laying around and take it to the shipper and off it goes. 3 days later I get glowing feedback from the new owner. I lost a little on the shipping and insurance but net $275 for about an hours work!

A couple days later the misses asks me whats all that crap you dumped in the box out in the garage? I say I don't know but am going to find out.
Among other things there are 1960's baseball card$ Boy $cout $tuff a Ca$e knife and variou$ other thing$. One man$ junk is another man$ Trea$ure!
I made about $400 total on that haul! And she wonders why I'm always pulling over on the highway to pick up $tuff I see laying along the road...