Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Faith In Humanity

badger

*Supporting Member*
Earlier this morning while firing up some coals for the smoker, I see a car slow to a stop in front of the neighbors house. A few minutes later my neighbor is walking a guy over to my back yard. here the guy ran out of gas while taking his 70 year old aunt some wheres. Says he only needs a gallon to get them to the gas station. I gave him a five gallon can that is missing maybe a gallon. He says he's going to go fill it and bring it back. Well that was almost three hours ago. I tried to do the guy a favor and this is what i get for it.

It's easy to lose faith in humanity when something like this happens to you. It also makes it hard to help out the next time someone is in need.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That sucks badger. I will hold out for a safe return of your gas and the can :D. Hopefully he is still running his aunt around and hasn't been able to return it yet.

badger

*Supporting Member*
That sucks badger. I will hold out for a safe return of your gas and the can :D. Hopefully he is still running his aunt around and hasn't been able to return it yet.

I suppose you are right. He could show up with it yet. My neighbor offered to pay for it as he was the one that brought the guy over. I told him to don't worry about it.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Dang, that sucks Badger! I hope RC is right and the guy will show up at some point today to return your property.

I am thinking he will show up right around the time your taking dinner out of your smoker. lol. :smiley_bbq:

Last edited:

badger

*Supporting Member*
Still no gas can, but hey it is what it is.

Just too bad a few bad apples over the years can turn a guy anti social when it comes to helping out.

I'm not a door mat and won't be walked on.

rrr

Too bad you lost the can...most of those cases you figure you are out the gas but losing the can too stinks.

Thanks for doing the right thing and hopefully next time you need it someone will do it as well. There are good people left in the world.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If he doesn't bring it back, you did a good thing anyway. It will come back around to you (and him) sooner or later. You are a good man.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That sucks. I thought for sure he would bring it back after the OU/OSU game...he must have been an OU fan ?

Like RD said, Karma is a biatch and he will get his sooner or later :D.

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
I'm swayed now towards karma! Maybe I need a list like Earl has. I'm sure i haven't always been the best guy around!

Me niether. I have only a few things on my list I need to try and fix or just say "sorry" for. Even with FB I can't find a chic that has haunted me for 20+ years. That is number one on my list. Most of the people I was rotten to or beat down had it coming. That one girl I just was a dick to and I still am not sure why??

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sucks to hear that badger.. But the guys are right about Karma. Trust me it comes around...

I like to make my own Karma sometimes. I have a 2.5 gallon gas can siting in the back of my truck right now.. Let a thief take it.. It's full of Karma. We'll it's actually full of chainsaw gas. The karma for the thief comes in when they dump it in their car.. LOL

Twice in about 3 months i had a can stolen at night out the back of my truck.. I went and got another 5 gallon can and put 4 gallons of gas in it. I dissolved about 2.5 pounds of sugar in a half gallon of water on the stove to top off the can.. It came up missing a week later... I haven't had a problem with a gas can thief since.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Sucks to hear that badger.. But the guys are right about Karma. Trust me it comes around...

I like to make my own Karma sometimes. I have a 2.5 gallon gas can siting in the back of my truck right now.. Let a thief take it.. It's full of Karma. We'll it's actually full of chainsaw gas. The karma for the thief comes in when they dump it in their car.. LOL

Twice in about 3 months i had a can stolen at night out the back of my truck.. I went and got another 5 gallon can and put 4 gallons of gas in it. I dissolved about 2.5 pounds of sugar in a half gallon of water on the stove to top off the can.. It came up missing a week later... I haven't had a problem with a gas can thief since.

That's funny!

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Badger, yeah, you got suckered ((maybe - that can could still come back full) but there's no shame in it....the shame is on him. But what would really be a shame is if you were hesitant to help out next time because of this.

badger

*Supporting Member*

That is some great shit Jack! The guys who have deer camps at the ranch we hunt in Texas, leave bottled water and canned goods out for the mexicans. It keeps them from breaking into the camp bunkhouses.

Badger, yeah, you got suckered ((maybe - that can could still come back full) but there's no shame in it....the shame is on him. But what would really be a shame is if you were hesitant to help out next time because of this.

Naw Dan, I'll still be ready to help out the next guy, I just had to vent a little yesterday.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
No matter how it turns out you did the right thing.... you were just trying to help out somebody in need.

Years ago I had a co-worker show up one afternoon at work when he was supposed to be off. Told me he ran out of gas and needed just a few bucks to get gas and make it home. He showed up walking, so I figured he was telling the truth. Said he'd pay me back next time we worked together. Well, all I had was a $20 so I gave it to him. Next thing I hear, good 'ol Billy quit. Then he never showed back up with my $20..... Oh well, someday it'll come back around on him if it already hasn't.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I'm a big believer in karma. For me, I look at it like this. The Lord wants you to do good. Do good, and good will be done. Do bad, and it will bite you in the ass. He works in mysterious ways! I know all too well!!! :(