Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Faucet Repair.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So my double basin floating laundry room sink has had a small leak for years. Decided to fix it before the house goes on the market monday because the inspector would surely find it. I put it off forever because the design of the sink would make it a bitch to do. The sink is attached to the wall with a hanging bracket and you cant get to the under side of the faucet without removing the whole sink.

20180817_194238.jpg
Screw that.

So how to replace it?

Maybe use a hammer and beat it off.

20180817_194316.jpg

Nah. Might dammage the sink.

Grind that sucker off. Now were talking!

20180817_194355.jpg

Too sloppy. Enter the sawzall!
20180817_195456.jpg

Sawed it off flush with the top. Now that it's off its time to clean it up.

Barkeepers friend and a brillow.

20180817_200628.jpg

Looking better. Time to degrease it.

20180817_201115.jpg

Score the surface. At this point some of you may guess where I'm going with this.

20180817_201241.jpg

Now to attach the new lines.

20180817_201604.jpg

Feed the new lines down from the top and make the lower connections.

20180817_202157.jpg

Leak test to make sure everything is water tight.

And epoxy that sum bitch right to the damn sink!!

20180817_202331.jpg

Yeah. That just happened. Mike drop. Done!

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
And hopefully you’re not the guy removing it again 😂😂😂

Whoever that is in another 45 years can take that bitch off the wall and do it right. But I bet you a pretty penny they epoxy the next one down too. Lol.

jwiley77

Oh my word....
My mechanical contractor spider sense is going haywire with a not how to clip.
[emoji23]🤣[emoji23]

Well it looks good from my house!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Oh my word....
My mechanical contractor spider sense is going haywire with a not how to clip.
[emoji23]🤣[emoji23]

Well it looks good from my house!

Gonna look even better from my next one too. Lol.

First thing I ever afro-engineered in this house. Honestly though its probably fastened better than using those cheap plastic nuts they provide to secure it.

Reactions: Mike and jwiley77

jwiley77

Gonna look even better from my next one too. Lol.

First thing I ever afro-engineered in this house. Honestly though its probably fastened better than using those cheap plastic nuts they provide to secure it.
Yes sir, that I can guarantee.
I can't tell you how many of those plastic nuts I've snapped with a basin wrench.
So long as it ain't you that's gotta deal with trying to fix it later, I'd definitely say the epoxy is the way to go.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yes sir, that I can guarantee.
I can't tell you how many of those plastic nuts I've snapped with a basin wrench.
So long as it ain't you that's gotta deal with trying to fix it later, I'd definitely say the epoxy is the way to go.

Any serviceable parts can be replaced from the top. If they need to replace the whole body like I did I recommend a sawzall and epoxy. Lol.

Reactions: Mike and jwiley77

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
After almost 24 hours the adhesive hadn't set. locktite 375 construction adhesive is garbage. Claims to hold after 10 minutes. Honestly I've seen window caulk with more bonding power. Pulled the faucet back up and wiped all the adhesive off. I'll be heading to the store in a moment to get some two part plasti weld epoxy, that shit will weld an elephant to a stump.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
After almost 24 hours the adhesive hadn't set. locktite 375 construction adhesive is garbage. Claims to hold after 10 minutes. Honestly I've seen window caulk with more bonding power. Pulled the faucet back up and wiped all the adhesive off. I'll be heading to the store in a moment to get some two part plasti weld epoxy, that shit will weld an elephant to a stump.
That shit holds a special place in my heart, as well as a shitlosd of other stuff I own