Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Favorite store

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The internet. When you live in the sticks, ain't much to choose from when it comes to acquiring gear. And for sure not possible when you like higher end stuff. I shop almost exclusively online and occasionally get stuff from Bridgeport Equipment when I'm in a pinch.

Reactions: Spencie

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
The internet. When you live in the sticks, ain't much to choose from when it comes to acquiring gear. And for sure not possible when you like higher end stuff. I shop almost exclusively online and occasionally get stuff from Bridgeport Equipment when I'm in a pinch.
Not much to choose from for us.
I have heard River’s Edge near Athens is a good store but the service can be great or awful. I haven’t been in it yet.

Last edited:

P8riot

Carbon, In
I have Academy close by. I havent't been in yet, but they always come up in online searches for guns and ammo. Non outdoors - Menards. I was just in one for the first time in my life. I will never be the same now 🤣

SGAmmo.com has great prices. I couldn't find any M1 Garand ammo. They had it in bulk!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike
My favorite would be Jay's Sporting Goods up in N. Michigan. I rarely get there these days but if I had to choose that would be the place. They literally have everything for the outdoorsman. Hunting, fishing, shooting, full trapping supplies, etc. it is the place to lose a couple hours easy. A close second place would be Ben's Great Outdoors in Marlette Michigan. They are a lumber, hardware and full sporting goods store on the local level. They recently invested in a huge expansion for the outdoors stuff and now has a pretty impressive set-up for guns/bows/crossbows. I used to enjoy going to Cabelas in Dundee Michigan and Bass Pro in Auburn Hills MI too but they are the same old, same old. Their archery sections have really dwindled the last few years.

As for finding actual deals I end up on Sportsman's Guide and often buy a few things through them every year. Usually have the best prices on comparable items in their Guide Gear lines of just about everything.

Reactions: Sgt Fury and 5Cent