Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Feathers Almost Flew Today....

Fletch

Supporting Member
So I go to let my English Setter out on my patio (totally fenced in) today and we both noticed at the same time we had a visitor... Much to my surprise I had a hen pheasant inside the fence.. Where it came from who knows... Luckily I got the door shut before Bandit made short work of her....
IMG_20200304_141403.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member
Nice! I caught this one in my back yard a few years ago.

View attachment 96740
Nice Rooster with a nice long tail, wonder if it was a wild bird? Don't know where the hen came from today as there are no gun clubs near by... Hopefully she makes it for awhile... Tried to catch her and after she ran into the fence like three times she flew out...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Nice Rooster with a nice long tail, wonder if it was a wild bird? Don't know where the hen came from today as there are no gun clubs near by... Hopefully she makes it for awhile... Tried to catch her and after she ran into the fence like three times she flew out...

Pen bird that a neighbor a few houses down across the road let go. He is a member of a gun club and always buys birds for a Thanksgiving shoot with his family. They didn't go so he brought them home and released them. That one showed up in my yard a few days later.

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
Pen bird that a neighbor a few houses down across the road let go. He is a member of a gun club and always buys birds for a Thanksgiving shoot with his family. They didn't go so he brought them home and released them. That one showed up in my yard a few days later.
And here I thought you may have had Indian skills.