Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Field & Stream Total Outdoorsman Challenge Championship

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Hey guys long time no talk too! No lie, I lost the bookmark to the site and just got it back from Jessie this morning. I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I have been searching the other boards when I'm on to see if I could come across the name and had 0 luck, lol!

Long story short, 13th is correct. I had one goal and that was to not get last....success! One heck of an experience, a great group of people, and an opportunity that I will never forget! The shows have been airing all month long, and you get to see a few snap shots of my ugly mug, but that's about it. The shows could be a little bit more suspensful to draw you in, and have fewer commercials, but they have to make $ somehow.

Work is nuts right now as we go through a merger, but I'll update this thread with some pictures & more info when time allows.

Last edited:

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
The 2012 event is quickly approaching and figured I would share some information. There will no longer be April qualifiers at the local Bass Pro's.

For 2012, the general public can register (first come, first served basis) to compete at the following locations, and complete a screening process to be selected for the 2012 Field & Stream Total Outdoorsman Reality Challenge between March 19th - April 15th. You will have to complete the form at www.toc.fieldandstream.com.

May 5, 2012 - Bass Pro HQ - Independence, MO
May 19, 2012 - Bass Pro - Leeds, AL
June 2, 2012 - Bass Pro - Grapevine, TX
June 8 & 9 - Nashville, TN (CMA music festival event)

If no one has ever tried this event, I can not say enough about it. It is an experience of a lifetime and you just never know if you'll make it or not. This year is a "reality show" based style and will be airing for 13 episodes on the Outdoor Channel.

Below are some pictures from the 2010 event.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Huck, that's him & Jimmy in that picture. Reed schooled me on the bass boat that morning.......on a friggin buzz bait. This was just prior to him winning Top Shot.

Left to right - Chad Weatherford (2010 winner, 2011 Runner-up); Paul Thompson (3x TOC winner/crazy eyes); Tom Boatwright (2009 & 2011 TOC winner; 2010 Realtree World Indoor Archery Champion); Jeff Haney

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Very cool! Thanks for bringing this thread up again. I hadn't seen it.

I keep hearing about these sweet little smokers, but can't seem to find anyone to buy one off of. If you come across the contact, please let me know. My deer season is not going to worth a shit if I don't find one by the sounds of it:smiley_chinrub:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very cool pics Adam! How did I miss this thread back when you first posted it! Congrats on the lifetime opportunity and doing Ohio proud.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
That time of the year again! The show premieres tonight at 9:30pm on the Outdoor Channel.

This year the competition was hosted by Craig Morgan, and underwent a total overhaul. They changed the venue to be more of a reality show with head to head competition. While I feel some of the competition was removed, the addition of additional events and a new format looks sweet! The show will be airing for 13 wks this year, so check it out sometime on the Outdoor Channel!

http://www.outdoorchannel.com/Shows...IIO584Lmt_X7z&startIndex=1&endIndex=3&delta=0