Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finally facking know something here 🤙

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Just got home and semi sort of unpacked. As posted previous, long sit Saturday and didn't see shit. Today was looking to be the same damn way. About 10:35 I take down my tri pod, clear my bow with a junk arrow, started packing my shit into my bag, load up my quiver and sit back down. Just then I look up and see legs coming straight towards us about 60 yards out. "Shit here comes a deer". My guide didn't see him. So i quikly reloaded my crossbow, and was fighting with my tri pod to get it set at the correct height. I'm looking at the deer while doing this lol. I see that he's a smaller buck but looked like his left side was growing out of the side of his head. Fuck yes I'm shooting this buck lol. Then my guide said "He's a half rack" told him to look again. He stopped behind a tree, i put my crossbow on the tri pod and waited for him to clear the tree, he hit the corn for about 2 seconds and started to walk away. I stopped him with a "may may", settled my 20 yard pin and let that mother fucker eat. Dude booked it, then stopped. DIDN'T GO 20. Did a little death wobble and dropped.

Took and sent out this picture:
20211107_104002.jpg

Went to the corn pile and took and sent this pic:

Grr having trouble uploading a specific pic. I'll try it again later.

Anyways, no need to track him. Walked up and this is the entrance:
20211107_104715.jpg

As you can see he had been in a fight earlier and got his ass whooped. Broke his left side off at the skull.

Here's the exit:
20211107_104704.jpg

And the obligatory for Dave:
20211107_104730.jpg

And the hero shot:
Fuck having trouble with that one too. I'm try it again later.

Not the biggest deer and probably would've let him walk if I had been seeing deer all weekend, but he got my pulse racing. When we gutted him, it was a clean heart shot. A great weekend. Thanks for all the congrats guys.

Last edited: