Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finally got one!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Been kicking it around and finally did it! Traded one of my tree stands for a Shakespeare this weekend. Forget the specs but I am thinking 50lb and 48"? Will look it up later. Need to do much more research and get some arrahs and stuff fo' it. Is it a requirement ta start talkin' like da geezer?

Not in a huge hurry as I need to practice up more wif muh compound a'for da season kick in. I will hunt with it next year at the earliest. I want to be confident in my competence before I attempt to kill a deer with it. It would only be right. I owe that much to the deer.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
shakespeare wonderbow x-14. on that bow you need to look at the fade outs to see of there is any crack occuring...a lot of times those bows were over drawn and damage was done but it is fixable. I have one of these myself. the fadouts will be the dark brown wood as it transitions to the limbs. there are not too many of those bows around so depending on which stand you traded will tell you if you got a good deal. The original rest is a hard raised plastic rest with an adhesive like foam on it. does it still have it?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
"The Sierra" Model X-18. 52" 50lb. How did I do? I had around $50 in the stand I traded if that helps any.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
good deal man... I may of forgot what I had...that happens sometimes.... did you check the fade outs?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It is not in "mint" condition, but overall is in pretty good and clean shape. I did not notice any cracks or anything out of the ordinary. I did not look at the fade outs since you suggested it though. I will have to do that.