Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finally ....

Isaacorps

Columbus
Our resident big male is a regular on cam at all times of day and night. Hasn’t seemed to affect the small game population much despite the occasional pic of him carrying a fresh kill.
1676291723400.jpeg

1676291767086.jpeg

1676292032508.jpeg

1676292312227.jpeg

Attachments

• 1676291906463.jpeg
    1676291906463.jpeg
    573.7 KB · Views: 60

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
The impact probably depends on many variables just like everything else in life.

What was the turkey/bunny population prior to their arrival? What's the habitat look like? After a few years they will reach the new balance point and then it's up to us in how we react and change things to how we want them.

It's like coyotes at my place. They are there and i hear them at least once a year. I have more success hunting then by accident when hunting deer or turkeys then when i actually attempt to hunt them. The foxes were nonexistent for a few years but now are making a comeback.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Interesting point Mike. Oddly, the turkey population out back has risen the last couple years. I know it fluctuates here, so next seasons sightings remain to be seen.
Our turkey population here is a fraction of what it used to be. I'm not saying bobcats are the main reason. I'm not even sure how much bobcats feast on turkey. I'd say the egg thieves (opossum, coons, skunks, etc...) are probably more the reason, but it does seem like rising Bobcat numbers and lower turkey numbers have a correlation.