Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Firestone Tires on national backorder

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Yesterday, I was calling around trying to find the best price on two Firestone Destination M/T in 285/70/R17's to replace my two worn front tires. Everyone I spoke to had zero in stock, and most of them told me they were on national backorder with no estimated ship date. WTF My back tires are the same, and they have 1/2+ good tread on them, but I can't find a matching set to put on them. So now, instead of spending $450 on two tires, I'm spending $800 on four new Dunlop Fierce Attidude's in the same size. :smiley_boos: Guess I'll have two extras in good shape if something happens with the new ones.

Sorry about the rant, just had to get it off my chest. Carry on!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If it makes you feel any better, at least you don't have to replace 6 at a time like my dually.lmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Do ya rotate them buddy? Also replace the shocks in the truck. Excessive front wear is a sure sign of bad shocks. So add another $450 to that bill. Been there done that.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I was in need of a front end allignment as well as I had a slow leak in the right front. It was my own fault for not getting either fixed, but an expensive lesson to learn...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Got my new tires this weekend. Pretty happy with them. Anyway, I'm gonna sell the two good tires but I don't know how much I should try to get out of them. Brand new they were $225 a piece and they have better than 50% tread left. Would $250 for the pair be to much to ask?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
That's a fair enough price. I've just never bought or sold used tires, so I don't know what the going rate is on them. Thanks for your input Beenie Weenie!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I'll tell ya, you outta check out the tires I got. I paid $202 a piece for 285/70/R17's. They look pretty sharp too.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Trust me, im ready to trade someone my 20's for the 18's on the sports. Tires are damn cheaper and more of a selection...The 20's look cool but the rubber costs too much...and the 20's I had on my f150 seen plenty of mud in their time brother....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Those are good looking tires. I have always been a BFG fanboy but those look nice! I need load range E though. Couldn't read it on the side.