Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First Lite Sawbuck brush pants

Jamie

Ohio
I've worn these hunting several times now, and I am thoroughly impressed. These are lightest, softest, most comfortable brush pants I've ever worn. When they arrived, and I got to see them in person I was very skeptical that they would keep the thorns out of my thighs, but I have to say that I have waded through some serious briars and have not gotten poked yet. These pants are so thin and supple that you would never be expect them to deflect the thorns. With the articulated knees and stretchy material, I can say honestly that I have pajamas that aren't this comfortable. The fit is excellent. Their sizing is a little odd, but the size I chose according to their chart fits me well. I compared these to Orvis and L.L. Bean's latest and greatest, and I probably would have bought the Bean Uplander Pro Briar pants if they could have gotten here before the end of the season. :rolleyes: I also bought their belt loop clip suspenders, which are pretty nice for $15.

Men's Sawbuck Brush Pant (firstlite.com)

Isaacorps

Columbus
WTF, you don’t believe me? 🤣🤣🤣

I have worn the hell out these. I like them so much that I bought another pair a size larger so I can layer under them and wear them all winter.
Also not sure a couple dogs can run the hell outta some squirrels, wild mushrooms can be harvested and eaten, a feller can make a stick bow and kill critters with it, or a living can be made painting houses 🤣

Jamie

Ohio
LOL, I have to agree that the last part is really reaching.

Joking aside, these are great pants, and they have held up really well for as much as I use them. I wear them hunting mushrooms when it's hot and they are quite comfortable. I also wear them when I'm hanging stands, cutting firewood, etc.

Jamie

Ohio
These would not be appropriate for serious rabbit hunting in heavy briar thickets, but they are much more comfortable than heavy duty chaps or thicket britches. The freedom of movement from the articulated knees, stretch fabric and athletic cut is what make these such great multi-purpose brush pants. I seriously did get a second larger pair for squirrel hunting in cold weather so I could wear heavy weight layers under them. Has worked out great.

Isaacorps

Columbus
These would not be appropriate for serious rabbit hunting in heavy briar thickets, but they are much more comfortable than heavy duty chaps or thicket britches. The freedom of movement from the articulated knees, stretch fabric and athletic cut is what make these such great multi-purpose brush pants. I seriously did get a second larger pair for squirrel hunting in cold weather so I could wear heavy weight layers under them. Has worked out great.
So they wouldn’t be any good on a TOO deer drive through a “CRP field” @Shoot-straight @bowhunter1023

While I like mine, i find the cut to be horrible especially for the price. They do well in Ohio briars but the thighs on mine seem way too big, like the are the saem size for 30-40 and they just sew in the waistband for that size. Disappointed for the money.

I have a friend that gets a lot of gear cheap. I like have more FL than any other brand....and will say some of their stuff is great and other pieces not so much. All brands are overpriced and embellished in performance.

We used bolts...dumbass 🤣
They scratch too! Oh by the way, can I get them in shorts? What with the heat y'all have down there and all...Oh and with the rain you get, are they waterproof?

Actually I wear Cabela's Boar Hide hunting clothes. They are fantastic, but so heavy that I can't carry a limit of rabbits in the coat without my knees buckling...