Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First time in for me this weekend also!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've been too busy shoring things up that need done around the house the past month to do any scouting or stand hanging. I've shot a few arrows from my new Drenalin LD each week to stay on top of that at least but am forced to hit my new hunting property by going in cold. I've covered it very well when shed hunting this past winter and spring and are pretty sure of where two good pinch points are. Both are on opposite sides of 3 cornfields with a steep banks and big creek bordering one side. There is another hunter already positioned right smack dab along the perimeter of the middle cornfield. The farmer said he didn't hunt much last year but he gave me a signed official form granting me permission to hunt the same property so I hope we don't mess each other up. I've got one buck so far on my hit list but if that solid 130's 8 shows up he could test my patience. Being this early I hope I can give him a pass, because he'll be a real stud next year if he gets by. Well, gotta go to work and get after it tomorrow afternoon and hopefully I'll have something to report to you all. Be safe and goodluck to those who are able to get out this weekend.:smiley_bril:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Tomorrow they're calling from strong winds and rain, but Sunday it's supposed to clear up. Good luck out there buddy!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Tomorrow they're calling from strong winds and rain, but Sunday it's supposed to clear up. Good luck out there buddy!

For tomorrow it looks like my ground blind in the 15yo pines is a good choice.. I hate hunting in those things, unless it's days like that..

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
For tomorrow it looks like my ground blind in the 15yo pines is a good choice.. I hate hunting in those things, unless it's days like that..

I think that's a good call, Joe. I have a feeling the deer are gonna be sitting tight tomorrow... that's why I'll be calling ducks for a couple young'ns instead of waiting in a tree.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yep. Rub it in fellas. I will be in tree stands, but I am at a show selling them. Not hunting out of them. 4-5 hrs last Sunday, maybe Monday night or Tuesday morning I will get back out there. I hope I haven't missed my opportunity while the nice 10pt was in a decent pattern. Those patterns are going to start changing soon enough. Good luck this weekend guys!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks guys, I plan on still going out cuz I'm too jacked and I need to get a stand up and the weather might be on my side for scent and noise purposes.:smiley_bril: