Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First time since 2007

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Next time there's a chance of seeing each others again, if at all interested, I'd be more than happy to give you these. I have no use for them really and all they're doing is collecting dust. I have a couple of other items for reloading a muzzleloader as well that I'll bring and share with you if we were to ever meet again, which I hope to be the case.

Otherwise, congrats again on both deer harvests John!
You certainly don’t have to do that but, if they make it in the truck I’m sure they can go home with me.

Reactions: Wildlife

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
80gr by volume of 2f, .490 ball, It’s soft shooting accurate and will kill everything within reason at an appropriate range with that gun.
I've gone from 100gr. of 3F to 90, cloth patch an .490 Speer/. But it is a F/L

Hunting with these guns is such a treat. Very rewarding to hunt with a gun with family history. :cool:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've gone from 100gr. of 3F to 90, cloth patch an .490 Speer/. But it is a F/L

Hunting with these guns is such a treat. Very rewarding to hunt with a gun with family history. :cool:
Mason and I just came in from looking over his late Grandfathers gun. He wants to hunt with it soon. It was built by Harry Rife on a 250 year old stock. You read that correctly. My FIL was big into muzzleloaders in the 70s. This gun is priceless to our family as well as in the know collectors. It’s a 40 cal, and collected a lot of game in its day. Grandpa gave it to Mason just a few months before his passing. He is going to call his grandpa’s best friend tomorrow and see if he can get some stories about that gun as well as having him maybe help work up a load. I think joe always shot 60 or 70 grains out of it.
Sorry to hijack, Stache.