Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fish Face

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

I should explain better... What I said before is true Unless you look at this in another manner.. If you we're stationary in front of the car watching the car come at you at the speed of light, you would never see any light.. If you we're sitting in the car you would be able to see it projected a beam.. The speed of light is constant in a vacuum.. Meaning You could actually project light from the vehicle visible only to you.. It would even shine on objects again only visible to you..

Say you were tooling along at the speed of light, clicked on your headlights, a beam would be projected that you can see. It would even shine on objects like say the space station.. However people on the space station couldn't see your light..

consider this.. Can you see your reflection in the rear view mirror? The answer would be yes.. I know what you're thinking.. But reflections are merely light.. True. But both you and the mirror are traveling at the same speed.. Light doesn't give a shit.. It started at that speed. Light from your face would hit the mirror and bounce back at you at the speed of light.. So you would be able to see yourself..

In a vacuum the speed of light is constant.. It's like incest, it's all relative.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Joe- sometimes it is okay to not think about this stuff. Might I suggest enjoying something different for at least 3-5 seconds.

shark crotch.jpg

Feel better now?