Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fletch and BigSlams Illinois adventure

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Awesome stuff guys! Looks like you fellers had a successful and enjoyable trip! I hope you both get home safely.
Chad... I laughed my ass off on your groundhog hunt. Bahahahaha

Reactions: Fletch

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Awesome stuff guys! Looks like you fellers had a successful and enjoyable trip! I hope you both get home safely.
Chad... I laughed my ass off on your groundhog hunt. Bahahahaha
I knew that fugger was done when he let me get that close. He was a good 30 yards from the woods, and Sasquatch can close that distance quick[emoji23]

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Reactions: Dustinb80

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Can you imagine when that poor sucker gets to ground hog heaven and has to tell all the other guys how he got there. 🤣🤣🤣

So there I am eating some bean stubble, I look up from my leisurely snack and there's this big fucker eyeballing me. I stood up and looked at him, couldn't believe the wind hadn't blown him over. So he crouched down a little bit like that was going to hide him, and starts to come over to me real slow. I just stood there and watched him because ain't no way that big motherfucker can chase me down. Next thing I know here he come and I turn around and ran. I bet I didn't make it 20 yards and he stomped on my damn head. I didn't hear his big feet hit the ground but three times

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Great pics!

That's why I've always found it funny when Ohio is compared with Iowa and Illinois. Sure some bucks make it to maturity but the competition to hunt them is ridiculous. There are more people in Cleveland than the entire state of Iowa.

Reactions: Fletch and Mike

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Great pics!

That's why I've always found it funny when Ohio is compared with Iowa and Illinois. Sure some bucks make it to maturity but the competition to hunt them is ridiculous. There are more people in Cleveland than the entire state of Iowa.
I'd give my left nut for a few hundred acres of prime pike County deer ground. Hell, I'd probably cut one off for 75 acres[emoji23]. There's just so many places they can hide out there, and a lot less people chasing them. And I thought my best farm was awesome [emoji23].

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Glad you guys had a blast. It was very nice meeting you rich. I was drooling with all the bear meat you put in dustin's cooler, lol

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Looks like you guys had a really good time. Looks like you guys covered some great ground and seen all kinds of critters while wondering around. Wonder how long that beaver worked on that tree and if he was mad it fell the wrong direction lmao. Thanks for sharing your adventures and pics with us fellas. It's always nice to see some new grounds.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Looks like you guys had a really good time. Looks like you guys covered some great ground and seen all kinds of critters while wondering around. Wonder how long that beaver worked on that tree and if he was mad it fell the wrong direction lmao. Thanks for sharing your adventures and pics with us fellas. It's always nice to see some new grounds.
They can cut down a 6 inch diameter tree in just a few minutes. Big trees like that they prefer to cut them until they're about ready to fall then go away and let the wind drop it. They mostly eat softwood bark so if its a hardwood they're likely using it to sharpen their teeth.

Reactions: RedCloud