Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fletch's 2019 N.J. Bear Season......

Fletch

Supporting Member
Well it's that time of the year again when I start my pursuit of harvesting a N.J. black bear... Well actually I'm a little early, but the other half is complaining about all the excess bread, rolls etc in the freezer...So what the heck, it's a nice hot day to lug stuff into the woods... First stop was the woods I didn't hunt last year... Friend that owns it says he's been seeing a giant in his yard lately, so let's see what he considers a giant... Second stop was woods I shot last year's bear at... That woods got thicker than last year, which is good for Yogi as they love thick and nasty shit.. Makes things very up close and personal when they show up... Here's a few pics of bait I put out and few shots of how thick woods is where I shot last year's bear... Oh... Chip bag was taken home and discarded properly... So those that want to follow along may do so by checking this thread every now and again....

MVIMG_20190804_161351.jpg
IMG_20190804_161347.jpg
IMG_20190804_161336.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190804_151407_1.jpg
    IMG_20190804_151407_1.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:

Fletch

Supporting Member
I will be following along
Good luck [emoji106]
Is public land still off limits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
As of right now any public land is closed to bear hunting.... Doubt if this will change.... Still some very good land open to hunters such as the Delaware gap area along the Delaware river which is owned by the Fed. Govt... I'VE SAID IT BEFORE... ANY TOO MEMBERS WANT TO BEAR HUNT CONTACT ME I'LL POINT YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION......

Reactions: giles

Fletch

Supporting Member
Fury... Yup some pancakes in the mix... Wife always makes a few with leftover batter then throws them in the freezer... I also dumped some pancake syurp on them... Chiggers are non existent there to the best of my knowledge... Ticks on the other hand are always present... Dave I always spray with Sawyer's... GOOD STUFF.... I also soaked some bread in Anise and hung some up high so smell carries... I'll have bears there by tomorrow night if not already....

Fletch

Supporting Member
Pulled a SD card from one spot today... Got a ton of bear pics there... Mostly young ones, but had one nice one on cam which has a huge neck and head and should be a pole and young bear skull wise... Not sure of his weight though... Still ALOT of time to locate a big one.. Here's a few pics...

IMG_20190810_164606.jpg
IMG_20190810_164513.jpg
IMG_20190810_164252.jpg

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Pulled a SD card from one spot today... Got a ton of bear pics there... Mostly young ones, but had one nice one on cam which has a huge neck and head and should be a pole and young bear skull wise... Not sure of his weight though... Still ALOT of time to locate a big one.. Here's a few pics...

View attachment 83997View attachment 83998View attachment 83999

You ain’t kidding....he’s got a HUGE neck! Body looks plenty big enough too.😊

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
He’s a good one!!! Good luck Rich...
Thanks J.... Like said have plenty of time for a biggun to show up, this one could be in Pa. Or NY come Oct. Hey he might even show up in Vinton County Ohio looking for Furys jelly donut... LOL.. Never heard from Adam, so I guess he cant make it...

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Fletch

Supporting Member
Looking over pics, like I thought, I had bears on the bait within a couple hours of putting it out there for the first time this year....Here's a few more pics...Note time stamp on one pic... I was there around 5 or 6... One pic shows that the bigger bear is a boar...But with that head he's no sow... Pic of two bears, I think they are contemplating heading to Vinton County for Furys pancakes...

IMG_20190811_081844.jpg
IMG_20190811_081232.jpg
IMG_20190811_080644.jpg

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Looking over pics, like I thought, I had bears on the bait within a couple hours of putting it out there for the first time this year....Here's a few more pics...Note time stamp on one pic... I was there around 5 or 6... One pic shows that the bigger bear is a boar...But with that head he's no sow... Pic of two bears, I think they are contemplating heading to Vinton County for Furys pancakes...

View attachment 84026View attachment 84027View attachment 84028
Giles is gonna love that second pic!😂

Reactions: giles

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Thanks J.... Like said have plenty of time for a biggun to show up, this one could be in Pa. Or NY come Oct. Hey he might even show up in Vinton County Ohio looking for Furys jelly donut... LOL.. Never heard from Adam, so I guess he cant make it...
Not looking good this year rich. They still haven't told me what going to happen come beginning of November.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Yesterday I had a world-renowned Archer from Ohio contact me about hunting Jersey bears... Told him I'd put him on bears... Hope he comes as it would be fun... He said he'd be glad to come to a TOO get-together and autograph tee-shirts or whatever....