Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fletch's 2019 N.J. Bear Season......

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yesterday I had a world-renowned Archer from Ohio contact me about hunting Jersey bears... Told him I'd put him on bears... Hope he comes as it would be fun... He said he'd be glad to come to a TOO get-together and autograph tee-shirts or whatever....
Tom is a good dude, you’ll enjoy hanging with him...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Went to check camera today... Bait was hammered,trails comming in are really starting to get worn down... Anticipation was high to get home and view card... IT WAS BLANK...WTF.. That Primos cam is going in the garbage...

Reactions: Big_Holla

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Went to check camera today... Bait was hammered,trails comming in are really starting to get worn down... Anticipation was high to get home and view card... IT WAS BLANK...WTF.. That Primos cam is going in the garbage...
Well that sucks....

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
Well that sucks....
Yup it sure does "J".... Looking at the pics is half the fun... Good thing is I put another camera there today so now there are 2 there....I did check another spot and had one bear on cam... Looks like he has some mange issues...
IMG_20190824_192719.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member
So does the dude in the reflection! 😂
Ha... I saw that and said to myself, bet Dave makes a comment...🤣🤣 Cut it short last week before heading to Illinois... With the heat we had, I was glad I did...

Reactions: giles

Fletch

Supporting Member
On the bright side yesterday, as I was driving over to where I hunt I saw Dunkin Donuts was empty, so I pulled in and talked to the girl behind the counter and asked her if I came at closing could she give me the donuts instead of throwing them in the dumpster....She said sure, no problem... I don't like asking when customers are around as you don't know who's against hunting and could bitch to the owner and put a stop to it.... Then I get to where I hunt and where I park a guy leaves his truck behind the building and he was there working on it... So we got to talking and I said I was bear hunting there... So he asks if I deer hunt and I said just out of state as I have no where good to hunt in Jersey... So he says my Father in Law owns 25 acres down the road and I'll ask if you can hunt.... He felt pretty confident that he'd say yes...So that would be nice...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Went to check cameras and put some goodies out... Only one bear was comming in all week... He's just a little guy, maybe 75 lbs soaking wet... He was there several times each day chowing down... Hey he's gotta eat too... The Wildgame camera never skipped a beat, had pics of me leaving last week and again today when I arrived... Fury I put some donuts out if you wanna head North... Not many pics but here's 2....

IMG_20190901_190208.jpg
PANO_20190901_163708.vr.jpg

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Went to check cameras and put some goodies out... Only one bear was comming in all week... He's just a little guy, maybe 75 lbs soaking wet... He was there several times each day chowing down... Hey he's gotta eat too... The Wildgame camera never skipped a beat, had pics of me leaving last week and again today when I arrived... Fury I put some donuts out if you wanna head North... Not many pics but here's 2....

View attachment 85292View attachment 85293
Lol....if I was a bear, you’d kill me opening day!😂

Fletch

Supporting Member
Sweet tooth would be your demise... But we would have to give you a pass, because Giles would want a pic of you know what...:eek:

Reactions: Sgt Fury and giles

Fletch

Supporting Member
No worries Rich, he’s already sent me pics of those! I’ll forward them to you in the morning. That way it ruins your entire day, not just the end of it. 😂👍🏼
Great... Otherwise I might have nightmares tonight...:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Fletch

Supporting Member
Went to check cameras yesterday... Same small bears comming in to fatten up... Big corn fields around so I'm hoping they move in once the corn is cut... This week I am going to put a camera out where I ended the season last year, which is mostly a rugged mountainous area...