Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fletch's Quest For A 600+ lb Jersey Bear...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Who the hell knows who's in bed with each other nowadays....
Fish and game council recommendation? Would the biologists be on the same page? Our is this all political?

Reactions: "J"

Fletch

Supporting Member
What’s their plan too keep them in check? Cars/Trucks, disease? Or birth control tablets every month? 😂
"J"..... Who the hell knows... Usually when you harvest a bear you have to take it to a check station and check it in....There they weigh it, pull a tooth and take a scrape of the skin.... This year they are not having check stations due to Covid-19.... You gotta call a office and they will tell you what to do.... Guess they don't want the antis parading around in close proximity to each other.... F them homos.... Guys are really fed up with seeing bears every sit when they go out.... Something will give sooner than later.... I have two tags might have to lower my standards a little...

Reactions: Sgt Fury and "J"

Bowkills

Nw oh
"J"..... Who the hell knows... Usually when you harvest a bear you have to take it to a check station and check it in....There they weigh it, pull a tooth and take a scrape of the skin.... This year they are not having check stations due to Covid-19.... You gotta call a office and they will tell you what to do.... Guess they don't want the antis parading around in close proximity to each other.... F them homos.... Guys are really fed up with seeing bears every sit when they go out.... Something will give sooner than later.... I have two tags might have to lower my standards a little...
White patch to those standards now?

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Fletch

Supporting Member
Don't know... Last week's cam check produced no pics of him... I'm currently running cams in another spot closer to home where I had this bear on cam last year... He's 600+ lbs... Last year he came in twice during the day, then went nocturnal... See if he shows up when I go check all my cams on Sunday... Then I'll come up with a game plan... Gotta play the cards your dealth...
IMG_20191006_115949.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member
Game plan is as follows: Rain is in the forecast for Mon-Tues.... Therefore going to hunt with the inline on Thurs-Fri.... Probably will check cameras Sun. where I've been baiting... Will take laptop with me to check sd cards and if no pics of a good bear I'll pull cams and concentrate on the spot I had a big one on cam last year, even though I have no intel what's there this year.... Just got a good feeling about that spot... Plus it's alot closer to home... Plus I'd like to get one with the CVA Mountain Rifle...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Went to pull cams at original spot... Only bears were Mom and her three cubs.... They were there all day long just laying in the corn chowing down...
We'll I kinda figured that would be the case that's why I went with the intent on pulling the cams... Did stop and get 2 50lb. bags of corn for them... Figured I'd give them one last meal on me... So I have high hopes of other spot... I'll check cams there Wed. after all the rain moves through... Season starts tomorrow... Oh "Patch" was a no show again this week....

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Bigcountry40

Been watching this thread and following the pics, so according to your new thread this will be your last shot for a few years?

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
So my back's against the wall, so I went to check my alternate spot cams today.... Plan on hunting it tomorrow.... Had 2 bears on cam one of which will come home with me if given the chance... He's a solid 550 lb bear with a decent coat... But something else showed up that blew me away... A decent buck... Now this is an area that just has no
deer, let alone something that excite's me... I think I'd rather shoot this buck than the bear... But let's get rid of the bear that calls that area home, then bucky may come out to play more... First pics are the bear then the deer...

PXL_20201014_235530960.jpg
PXL_20201014_230530792.jpg
PXL_20201014_230248952.jpg
PXL_20201014_234727050.jpg
PXL_20201014_233322559.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member
Whoa on both animals. Now that’s a hunting spot. I say kill the deer, leave the guy pile and hunt the bear over it. Yes they love to eat deer.
Hunting tomorrow with the inline, so can't shoot the deer.... However if I was hunting bear with the bow, archery deer season is in and both would be legal...But for the area that is a damn nice buck... Hell get a spike in there and you accomplished something...

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Hunting tomorrow with the inline, so can't shoot the deer.... However if I was hunting bear with the bow, archery deer season is in and both would be legal...But for the area that is a damn nice buck... Hell get a spike in there and you accomplished something...

I’d shoot that deer in any state!

Reactions: giles and Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
I’d shoot that deer in any state!
A little bit of mass and he sure would be a dandy..... Boy if he makes it another year, which where hes at he has a very good chance.... Look at his G2's starting to get some kickers.... Next week after bear is done I'm going to go in there and find some areas to throw up a trail cam... Told my friend while I'm out in Illinois he's welcome to hunt my stand... So today I got out of the woods with about an hour of light left and decide to ride some of the area roads to see if anyone was out.... Saw vehicles from Maine,Vermont,Mass,New Yorkand even one from Ohio.... Got to be all bear hunters....

Reactions: giles and Sgt Fury