Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FLORIDA HOG HUNT

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
20201017_204907.jpg

Spill it

Stressless

Keene, OH
@Chancegriffis - count me if I'm not in Kuwait... CoVid travel restrictions have destroyed the plan for their site surveys. I hunt hogs on Eglin up here in the panhandle... I find wild pig - and even the bigger boars high end table fair taken in late winter as the acorns are just starting to fall down here.

150# boar bow kill I did... "highly recommend" pig hunting. ... and it's different feeling trailing one, at dark, in the swamp, when they can pop outa the brush with these slashers.

1-20211207_075008(2).jpg

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
We will have my 23dlv Carolina skiff and a 16ft aluminum hull, but the more the merrier. You gonna stay for a full week?

Not sure if I'll make the whole week as you have it for 12 days Thursday through Monday. But i'll for sure make 4-5 days anyway.

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Accommodations are set for everyone staying at my families riverhouse in levy county, Florida. 3/2 bath with RV hook up. Can probably fit 3/4 campers. As far as boats go, we will have two if not three boats already there but there is plenty of wma to hunt and miles of river to fish and explore. The Suwannee river is spring fed so y’all can check those out as well while you’re down. If we run out of room we can always camp at Shell Mound campsite. About 10 miles down county road 347. Straight shot from the house. Very cool campsite with showers, boat ramps,RV hook up and access to public right off the campsites. Cleaning station for game as well as a pier to fish too! Anyone with questions or wants further details, post em up!

Last edited:

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Oh, BTW we will also have the opportunity to do some frog gigging and fishing on a couple gig boats if my buddies come through for us! We have 53,000 acres of public to hunt along both sides of one of the biggest rivers in Florida, so I’m sure this will be a hell of a time!

Reactions: giles and Wildlife