Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FLORIDA HOG HUNT

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
@Chancegriffis how are the roads to get around the public?. Trying to decide on truck or car. 30mpg gas vs 12mpg diesel. 😅
This time of year they’re fine. You can get away with either. The three access roads on the east side of the river are all lime rock and 347, the main road is paved so you’ll be alright buddy! But idk if you wanna throw one of this rank ass hogs in the trunk of your car😂😂

Bigcountry40

This time of year they’re fine. You can get away with either. The three access roads on the east side of the river are all lime rock and 347, the main road is paved so you’ll be alright buddy! But idk if you wanna throw one of this rank ass hogs in the trunk of your car😂😂
He lives in Mississippi they have air freshners that come in rank ass hog scent!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Thanks. Rear deck lid, roof, there are options for placement. :ROFLMAO:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I don't own a Prius. It's a hyundai sonata. Wife's car when we got married, now she drives the kid toter.

• Haha
Reactions: 5Cent

Stressless

Keene, OH
Looking fwd to it, haven't hunted with a smokeless powder gun (muzzeloader last Jan) in many many moons...

Since that's the case I needed to go see where they were throwing things...

My back up long gun, a 35 y/o Remington 11-87 12ga, iron sights, 50 yd w rest for both groups. 1 st group, Top 3, 2" high at 50 - adjusted down and 2 shot group in the money 9 and 7 ring.
1-20220119_152048.jpg

Primary Long gun, M1 Garand, iron sights, 50yd w rest, decent 8 round group except for the 2.5" high flier. Note I knew I was shooting the left target edge so I fudged ever so slightly to the right but kept the bull at the same place atop the post while splitting the front post.
1-20220119_151903_01-001.jpg

Had some fun shooting 50 yd offhand prior to the rested group above - 1.5-2 sec splits.
1-20220119_151958.jpg

Sidearm will be the .45 1991 - 240gr SJHP, need something for close quaters when trailing those critters...

@Chancegriffis

What can we bring along that would help out the camp?

Last edited:

Fletch

Supporting Member
Tractor Supply had over a 1000 orders yesterday for Lucky Buck... No wonder they canceled them...

Fletch

Supporting Member
You worried about getting lost? Where’s your woods savvy? Everyone knows all you have to do is carry a big bag of popcorn and throw a piece on the ground every ten feet…then just follow it back out to your truck! Sheesh!😂😂
Meanwhile a big croc is following in someone's footsteps eating the popcorn... Someone gonna shit their pants...:ROFLMAO: