Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Football Season

rrr

The cool day today and night tonight sure has got me excited for Fall. Jesse and I were making comments on another thread about it, and I know you guys get your rocks off for the bow opener, but tomorrow is the opening night for high school football. I will be sittin in the stands the night before I go back to school cheering on my alumni, Northmor against Crestline. There are a million back in the day stories I could tell, but man I miss playing like crazy. That "Boys of Fall" song that's out...shoot, the first time I heard it I had a few tears, it's the closest thing to describing the camaraderie and brother hood of a high school football team. Nothing better than being the heroes of a small town that worships high school football.

And, of course, OSU kicks off in a just a few days against Marshall in what could be a Heisman and National Championship season...we'll see if TP the man or TP the boy shows up.

Pigskin season is in!

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Ah, yes! Football season is upon us! My brother and SIL will be in town next week and they snagged up some OSU tickets for the opener. It will probably be a boring game but fun nonetheless.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
ernie, you are right bro. i miss my days of playing football like crazy. i couldnt wait to get the pads on and hit somebody. those cool summer nights like last night send ya back for sure. that was the same comment i made to the wife last night, "feels like friday night football out here"

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
The cool day today and night tonight sure has got me excited for Fall. Jesse and I were making comments on another thread about it, and I know you guys get your rocks off for the bow opener, but tomorrow is the opening night for high school football. I will be sittin in the stands the night before I go back to school cheering on my alumni, Northmor against Crestline. There are a million back in the day stories I could tell, but man I miss playing like crazy. That "Boys of Fall" song that's out...shoot, the first time I heard it I had a few tears, it's the closest thing to describing the camaraderie and brother hood of a high school football team. Nothing better than being the heroes of a small town that worships high school football.

And, of course, OSU kicks off in a just a few days against Marshall in what could be a Heisman and National Championship season...we'll see if TP the man or TP the boy shows up.

Pigskin season is in!

Ernie you nailed that one right on the head brother! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who teared up when they heard that song. I laughed about it, then it hit me....man what it would be like to put the pads back on. Everytime I look at the State ring I can only smile.....

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
I don't miss foosball one bit, two-a-days sucked balls, plus it cut into my hunting time. Hockey on the other hand was awesome!! I also scored waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more pussy during hockey season than I did foosball.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I don't miss foosball one bit, two-a-days sucked balls, plus it cut into my hunting time. Hockey on the other hand was awesome!! I also scored waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more pussy during hockey season than I did foosball.

I wish we had hockey, or even lacrosse. It still hasn't made it's way to this area, the schools are hurting for the normal sports now. The state really needs to come up with a plan to fund these guys, taxes are killing everyone!

Ernie, I was fortunate enough to be part of the 1999 Perkins Div IV State Championship football team. OLB and wingback. Brandon Schnitkker (OSU) was a fellow ILB, and we played against Wilhelm (Elyria Catholic at the time) on our trip to state. We beat Ironton in the last 12 seconds, cousin caught winning TD....something I'll never forget and something no one can take away :) Senior year should have gone back, but 3 games into playoffs, the tables turned...wow the memories.

GO BUCKS!!!!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I have told my wife for years that we need organized sports for guys after highschool/college. I really don't consider golf or softball a sport...more of an activity. I used to be a hell of an athlete but damn I hate to run just to run. I'll stay chunky :smiley_bbq:

Beentown

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I have told my wife for years that we need organized sports for guys after highschool/college. I really don't consider golf or softball a sport...more of an activity. I used to be a hell of an athlete but damn I hate to run just to run. I'll stay chunky :smiley_bbq:

Beentown

I hear ya there,very tough to get motivated. Then it makes you sick how hard it is to do the stuff that was just warmups back in the day,lol!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well my home team Shelby won tonight. They beat Madison 40 to 20. Was a pretty close game until the second quarter then Madison just wore down.

Shelby Whippets 1-0

rrr

The good ole Golden Knights won tonight, 26-15!

Good to see some old friends and some honest football.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
I really don't watch football. I couldn't even tell you who went to last years super bowl. I just wanted to post to add to my post count. Thanks. Carry on with the plan of the day.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Went to my alma mater for their opener against our long time rival and we broke the 24-24-1 tie all time with a 42-12 win. They looked like shit in the first half, but dominated the second half with much more physical play. Brings back great memories of being the "flyer" on the pile when I hear the fight song and see them run on the field. Nothing like saying the Lord's prayer and then knocking skulls on kickoff!!!