Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Foster Parent Now

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good stuff Jim. Way to think ahead and not take that away from Jeff. It's the little things in life.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Well the J Man went to his first water park with Laura down in southern Ohio for the BIL's daughters Birthday. He had a blast. I stayed home since I just got home that morning after working 24 hrs straight. hated TOO miss it but lack of sleep, 3 hour drive home for me and a 3 1/2 hour drive to the water park was not in the making. We did have fun for the little time I was home. He wanted to go out with me and set some camera's up and put corn out for the deer.

IMG951696.jpg

of=50,480,270_(15).jpg

of=50,270,480.jpg

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Dang Jeff they were in my neck of the woods, Marietta.

Dang, an I am working along the Ohio River just off Rt. 7 in Powhatan Point, Ohio. Yup that is pretty much where they live. Little guy had a blast. He has had so many wonderful loving experiences with Laura and I, ( more Laura because of my job ) and I am pulling a 36 hour straight job ( But they are drilling so slow I can get some sleep ) TOO get home for his first Birthday party ever. He will be 4 but with his life and getting moved from place TOO place he has never had one. I was blessed to have a daughter but my wife did not so this is a gift from God. I have never seen her so thrilled and happy to have a "son". God Bless her.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Thanks Guys. Today is the J Man's Birthday he is 4. Having a big party for him Friday evening. He has never had one.

My wife Laura said Big Bro ( CJD ) stopped over yesterday with some toys for him that his daughter Shawn is letting us borrow until her son is alittle older. Thanks Shawn and Bro. :smiley_clap:

:smiley_candle:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Thanks Guys. Today is the J Man's Birthday he is 4. Having a big party for him Friday evening. He has never had one.

My wife Laura said Big Bro ( CJD ) stopped over yesterday with some toys for him that his daughter Shawn is letting us borrow until her son is alittle older. Thanks Shawn and Bro. :smiley_clap:

:smiley_candle:

They arn't borrowed. They are his to keep.
Think of me every time you step on one of those laygo's in your bare feet! Lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
He has a great new dad and uncle for sure! Glad I am beyond the small toys laying around phase of having kids.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
LOL, thanks Phil and for the Birthday Wishes Guys. As you can tell we are excited to have him. Here is a couple more from the proud foster father / Parents.

Laura took him to the marina pool but it was TOO cold today so they went to Lake Shore Park / Beach.

Resized952016081795105815.jpg

Then for his Birthday ( which we will be having his party Friday ) she took him to the DQ which he has never been TOO. Kind of brings tears TOO my eyes how much the J man has missed out on in his short life so far. That will change.

Resized952016081795180943.jpg

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Thanks Guys. I get out of here today at noon suppose to be back Saturday at noon but with some luck they will have the casing run and cemented so I can have more time off with him during the rig move.

Today Laura has a meeting with all the stall for her new teaching position so the J Man gets to go to his first day of pre school / day care. Keeping our fingers crossed it goes will. He will be at the same school Laura teaches at so that is a plus.