Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Front yard tulip

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Just took this yesterday morning before church and got around to doing some editing. Not to sound too much like a sissy, but it's hard to take a bad picture of spring flowers.

Original...

Edited...

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Got a new fancy pants filter for the camera today and had to out a give it try real quick. It's basically a really dark piece of glass that lets you take a very long exposure to capture motion (waterfalls, waves, etc.) without blowing out the whole picture.Not the most exciting pics, but with a trip to the beach planned I'll be getting some practice in to try and make the best of the time at the ocean.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Thanks guys. I'm gonna head down to Hocking Hills in a week or so to take some more test pics.

Sean, what kind of camera, and how much was the filter? I have a Cannon Power Shot SX 10 IS, and I might get something for mine before I head tho Florida next month.

The camera I have is a few years old, but this is the newer model with the same specs - Canon EOS Rebel T3 http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_rebel_t3_18_55mm_is_ii_kit

It's their entry level DSLR camera. Takes great pictures for the price.

The filter is a B+W Neutral Density (again, pretty much an entry level filter for this kind of stuff) https://www.schneideroptics.com/Ecommerce/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?CID=627&IID=3153 I bought the filter through Amazon for about $60. (Of course using the TOO link to Amazon before making the purchase :smiley_coolpeace:)

I pretty much stick to entry level products while I'm figuring out this photography stuff. It's kinda like archery in that the more I learn, the more I want to spend... rotflmao I need to win the lottery.

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Unbelievable photos Sean! Simply awesome! Thanks for sharing those. We're headed to Hocking Hills in the morning for the weekend. That's a cool area. Staying at my cousins chalet with my mother for Mothers Day weekend.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Took a few but didn't spend as much time as would've liked... these 2 came out pretty good. Touched up a bit.

Upper Falls

Off to the side of Cedar Falls