Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Georgia hog hunt

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Just back before Christmas Austin came to me and asked if I'd be interested in going down south for a hog hunt. Here one of his coworkers goes down the first weekend in March every year. After a few details where answered about all the who, what, when's, and hows we are going.

We are going to be hunting the Savannah NWR. We'll be leaving on Thursday and getting back on Tuesday. I guess we're tent camping at a campground in Rincon just outside of Savannah. Really looking forward to the time away and mostly the time with Austin.

I guess we beat in on the river to so.e islands that are very marshy. At that point we spend the day hiking and shooting hogs with our ARs. 🤘😁🤘😁 Wake the next morning and repeat. Got a lot of prep work to take care of to pull out in a little over a month.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Steve, you using a guide or just doing it on your own?
J it is going to be self guided. Mike has a boat, we will all load up in his boat run up the river to the area we are hunting and then just roam the woods. I'll be sure to not let Austin out of my site this time, I dont think Joe will be hanging out to intercept him this time like he did down at AEP. Lol.

If anyone has any previous experience hunting down there any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Lucky

Sunbury
Sounds awesome!! One of these days ill get around to a hog hunt. Thats one hunt ive never done and love pork. Never had wild boar either. That hunt somewhere would make a great TOO outing to set up in the future. Set it for a year from now and gives plenty of time to plan and execute. Being mostly Ohioans on here, probly quite a few of us that havnt done that hunt. Look forward to following your story. Spring hogs....nice addition to the turkeys.

Reactions: giles

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Caribou Dreamer and his sidekick 2QXL...a couple of the original Deer Camp boys.
20200129_171947.jpg

Buckmaster

Portage
Young kids back then.....Wonder where they are at now? Those are some of Thunderflite’s (Elitist, Hotdog, etc) buddies. Captain Ernie was still in diapers and George had 10 years left before retirement when that occurred. 👍

Reactions: Jackalope

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well I hate to say it but the plug has been pulled on the hog hunt. Due to the continuing rains that the south is getting most of the rivers in the area are right at flood stage if not over flood stage.

This SUCKS!!!!!!! I was so looking forward to this. I honestly could of given two fuggs about the hogs. I was just looking forward to some solid quality time with my boy. It's been way to long. This was gonna give me 5 full days to just get into his world again. What a bummer. Got to come up with something else to do now. Open for suggestions.