Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gettysburg

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I saw most of it, but couldn't hold out. I hope it's on again. Very good show.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Missed it!

On a similar note, has anyone watched "America: The Story of Us". It looks like 9 or 10 1 hour episodes. They just put in on Netflix I noticed yesterday. I remember when it first came out I wanted to watch it but didn't get the chance.

I believe it was on the History Channel or National Geo.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I caught most of it. Great show.
Well worth a road trip TOO.

I remember as a little kid my folks took us there. We stayed overnight a a campground somewhere near or next to a battlefield (in the mid to late 60's) We were in a motor home, it was early. The sun was just coming up and there was a fog rolling across the field. I couldn't wait to go see the place and was up early, sitting in the drivers seat, waiting on mom an dad to get up...
From across the field, walking out of the fog, I saw 3 guys in full union dress walking toward out site. GHOSTS! Holly Crap! I'm scared shit-less, just froze in that chair... As they got closer I could start to hear their voices. TOO scared to call out, I just sat there,frozen. Now I'm in full stationary panic as they stop 20 yards from me...The one motions the other 2 closer... he reaches into his coat pocket... and pulls out a pack if cigarettes, gives 1 to one of the others and lights it w/ what looked like a bic lighter... Reinactors...I just scared myself shit-less over some guys walking to a re-enactment battle but I'll never forget them coming out of the fog at 50-60 yards. lol

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Missed it!

On a similar note, has anyone watched "America: The Story of Us". It looks like 9 or 10 1 hour episodes. They just put in on Netflix I noticed yesterday. I remember when it first came out I wanted to watch it but didn't get the chance.

I believe it was on the History Channel or National Geo.

It's not too bad. I liked it. Some good stuff left out, but you can't cover everything I guess.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
If ever in your life you get a chance to go to Vicksburg for an reenactment, DO IT.. It is something you will never forget.. I've seen a bunch of them, i have to say Vicksburg is the best.. Reason being it's one of the largest, but it's not done for tourists and money and it's some choreographed show play.. The way it was, the way it should be. No "pristine" expensive uniforms. Just the rag tag uniforms pieced together by participants.. They look dirty, tired, and worn, yet they fight with heart, complete with cannon batteries. No 1/4 charge crap here.. When these babies go off you'll swear the ground shook so hard your feet left the ground.