Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Going Old School!y

badger

*Supporting Member*
Now that I'm nearing the end of my recovery period, I have been working on getting a compound back in my hands. My Matthews is still too much for me so I have been working with this old Bear compound. Even at 55# I need another few days with it to feel comfortable hunting. The accuracy is there and the broadheads are flying true, and I can't believe how quiet it is. I just want to shoot a few more days before I hit the woods with it.

Last edited:

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Good luck Dale!!!

I want to get my Bear Whitetail II back and kill some more deer with it. I also plan to use my old .410 this year to try and kill a deer with it. Nothing wrong with connecting back to the old school!!!

thats a great older bow , wish i could find one . im gettin bored with this old school shit i shoot . need something to tinker with i guess . we used to sell those for less than 100.00 bucks when they first came out .

badger

*Supporting Member*
thats a great older bow , wish i could find one . im gettin bored with this old school shit i shoot . need something to tinker with i guess . we used to sell those for less than 100.00 bucks when they first came out .

I bought that one used for $50 back who knows when. Thought about putting one of those biscuits on it, but I think I'll stick to the ole flipper rest. Sure feels good having that string in my fingers again!

badger said:
Even at 55# I need another few days with it to feel comfortable hunting. The accuracy is there and the broadheads are flying true, and I can't believe how quiet it is. I just want to shoot a few more days before I hit the woods with it.
badger,
Confidence in the equipment we use is very important. The Bear bow will do the deed, as it was doing well before all the high tech stuff came along.

Consider this season a "nostalgia hunt" and use the vintage equipment. :smiley_bril: Think about it...how many guys can say they killed their deer with a Bear compound that's ?? years old?

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

badger

*Supporting Member*
badger,
Confidence in the equipment we use is very important. The Bear bow will do the deed, as it was doing well before all the high tech stuff came along.

Consider this season a "nostalgia hunt" and use the vintage equipment. :smiley_bril: Think about it...how many guys can say they killed their deer with a Bear compound that's ?? years old?

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

Thanks 57! That's basically my frame of thought right now. Shot some more good arrows out of it today. I think I'm ready!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That's awesome Dale. Glad to see your feeling good enough to get the bow back out and do some hunting with it. Good luck buddy and I hope you connect with a good one soon. Would make all that hard work and pain of physical therapy seem well worth the trouble when you do :D.