Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good beer

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
IPAs are way too gross for me. I like a good wheat beer or dark beer. Miller Lite is my go to. If you guys wanna try a good one, try the one that on then label says pre prohibition beer. Something 99? Its a great beer.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
True , but the regular modelo comes in cans to so thats kinda nice .
I've been drinking the heck out of various obscure IPA s lately . Tis the season . I'm not really a fan of summer ales and shandys. I don't care for all the spices or sweetness . Nothing wrong with em . I just generally choose something else .

I'm with ya, Jake. Maybe I'm the minority, but I can't stand shandys or other "summer-type" beers. Gimme Coors light or any dark beer any day of the week.

BGarrett

Belpre
I've been drinking PBR lately, but I LOVE beer in general. I only like to drink hoppy IPAs if I am eating something deep fried. It helps to cut the greasiness.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I've had hopslam before...it definitely lives up to its name . I really wish I would of kept a lifetime beer list" . I'm horrible at remembering things but good at recognizing what I've had . Generally if I haven't had it and its a style of beer I like I'm trying it . Have you made it over to Wooster and tried JAFB beer ?

Yea I have been there once, it is a great place to try some local craft brews. Do you know what JAFB stands for? It is great. If you like JAFB you need to make it over to Mansfield and visit The Phoenix Brewing Co. They have only been open for about a month but have some very soled brews.

Wayne I think you are referring to Batch 19. Its brewed by Coors.

teej89

NE PA
I'm highly addicted to any kind of Jackie-O's beer. Especially their nut brown ale. My buds in PA love it, here was my last shipment last time I went home lol ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399426647.806503.jpg

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I TOO love Jackie Os beers. One of these days I'll make it to the brewery. Hopefully Gordo will let me crash at his place.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Leffe is a nice Belgian beer. If you like that look for some Chimay or Orval.

I picked up a sampler 12 pack of Shiners. So I will be giving those a whirl tomorrow night.

Last edited: