Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good Day Saturday

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well went out to the bunny woods, couple of friends bailed on me at the last minute so off too the woods by myself and two anxious beagles lol..... First stop some old track but nothing fresh enough to get started, on too the second spot and had 4 runs and dropped one that went on for over an hour.... The picture is intermition she laid down for a breather and then moved on for the second half...... She was pretty tired and didn't have a problem laying so close to the ole .410 O/U.... Little did she know what was about too happen..... Just sayin....

Attachments

• Rabbit 1-15-11.jpg
    Rabbit 1-15-11.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 170

rrr

Nice work J! Seems like you are doing very well with that .410!

I bought a single shot 20 gauge from Beener and haven't hit a rabbit with it yet...he assures me it's not the gun ;)

Matt

Norton, OH
J, I am about an hour away if your buddies ever bail on you again. Never hunted behind dogs (at least trained ones!)

Matt
(330) 714-3656

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
You'll never want to rabbit hunt a different way after that matt...Thats how I got started hunting. I loved it. Our one beagle used to bring them to us and drop em at my dads feet.

Matt

Norton, OH
Oh I don't doubt it. Right now, I AM the rabbit dog... lol.... boy, set me on a pile of brush and I look like an NFL linebacker tackling that shit...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
J, I am about an hour away if your buddies ever bail on you again. Never hunted behind dogs (at least trained ones!)

Matt, your in the cell... If I need a replacement your on the list lol.... Oh and just because there's dogs don't take you off the hook for hitting the piles lol :smiley_clap:

JMMyers

I've seen Matt in action. Nothing like walking through snow ass crack deep then stopping to watch Matt trample a bush and trying to catch our breaths. Then I yell "THERE HE GOES" as I watch the one rabbit we saw all day run away! Matt came in with the good advice he always has "SHOOT IT". I shot but he already had a good distance by this point. I nicked him followed the blood to a hole in the side of a hill. I hope he lived hate to think of the poor thing dieing in the hole for nothing.