Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good deal for Ohio Veterans

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
The state of Ohio is offering its veterans of all generations a bonus payment to salute their service.

As of late August, eligible veterans who served in the Persian Gulf, Iraq or Afghanistan wars may receive $100 for each month of active duty service up to $1,000. Eligible veterans serving on active duty elsewhere in the world during these wars may receive $50 per month of service up to a maximum of $500. An eligible veteran may combine their service bonuses for a maximum payment of $1,500. Family members of deceased veterans may also be eligible for compensation.

Veterans from Ohio can download the application or get more information at veteransbonus.ohio.gov.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
One Key element to that is you must have been a resident of Ohio at the time you enlisted.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
In other words..

"Hi Soldier this is Ohio.... Thanks for paying taxes to the state all those years you were not living here..... As a gift, we the state want to give you back 2% of that tax we took from your meager paycheck while you were overseas... Now aren't we so nice to you. Oh wait, you didn't bother to come back to Ohio, Well pffft suddenly we don't appreciate you so much anymore do we... I think we'll keep all those taxes we screwed you out of while you lived in another country but paid us taxes." :) Have a nice day.. Ohio Out.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
In other words..

"Hi Soldier this is Ohio.... Thanks for paying taxes to the state all those years you were not living here..... As a gift, we the state want to give you back 2% of that tax we took from your meager paycheck while you were overseas... Now aren't we so nice to you. Oh wait, you didn't bother to come back to Ohio, Well pffft suddenly we don't appreciate you so much anymore do we... I think we'll keep all those taxes we screwed you out of while you lived in another country but paid us taxes." :) Have a nice day.. Ohio Out.

Oh you forgot. Here's what you paid for school taxes last year even though your kids will never go to that school. Ohio also used to refund your taxes at the end of the year. When Bush revised the Soldiers and Sailors act they took that opportunity to change that rule. When that happened I took the opportunity to change my residency to Florida.