Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gordo's 2015 Season Log

Gordo

Athens County
Things have been ridiculously slow. Not seeing shit.... I have a solid week before rolling outt town for turkey day. Im hoping this cool weather will do the trick and that i'll catch a break.

Going to move a set of sticks today to best set me up for the cold front.

Time to take a deep breath and get back after in refreshed

Gordo

Athens County
Have hunted 6 different spots, but have been hunting one place around 70% of the time. Im kind of doing it to myself. There's places i can go where i have greater chances of seeing any deer, but from experience those places dont have the best odds off seeing a true shooter. Id be bitchin about seeing deer, but nothing id want to stick.

Im holding onto last years experience at the prop ive been spending the bulk of my time. Place absolutely exploded with activity nov21-22nd. Breeding party showed up after a shorter slow period.

Just hoping those 3 bucks from two weeks ago are in the neighborhood and one of them makes a fatal mistake.

Once turkey days over it'll be time to get after a doe for the freezer and time to deploy some cams/corn and get into late season mode. Got my dad rolling in the second weekend of december and want to put him on a nice one.

Got a ways to go! Just gotta stick with it

Last edited:

Gordo

Athens County
Hopefully the cold front treats you good, Gordo!

I hope so too bro. Cant wait to stick one with the new weaponry. Been shooting a good 20+ arrows a day at home, and been shooting my way in and outta the woods with the judo points when hunting. Feeling automatic. Hoping it translates when the moment of truth arrives

Gordo

Athens County
Been into them.

Encountered the same shooter twice today. Made a stand adjustment this afternoon going off what i had seen this morning. Thought I was about to get my hands bloody but instead of sticking right behind the doe he's been getting down with, he hung up at 30 yards, just inside the edge of the thick shit. She of course walked the script and passes at 15....... Doh! Really thought it was on. Then after about 40 minutes it got dark.

I was covered in deer the entire time this was happening. Two great encounters. He's a stud and may keep me occupied for a bit. Im fairly confident its the same deer i got some pics of last year.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448247389.850439.jpg

Gordo

Athens County
Back on his ass tomorrow a.m.. Going to get in well before shooting time and try to deflate him at first light following that same doe. I have great access to this stand so dont have to wordy about bumping anything in the dark. Going to be a short hunt. Got a ton of shit to do. Worn out tonight. Beds going to feel great

Last edited:

Gordo

Athens County
Good luck Gordo cant wait to see you nail one with the recurve.

Life got in the way today. Frustrating. Still Put a stalk on the last 40 minutes of light at a property that was easy to get too. A couple got close at dark. Not sure what.

Ill b putting a quality sit in tomorrow morning. About to be leaving for turkey day. Hoping to catch a break before.

I'll b sticking with the recurve for gun season and will put sone time in on killing a doe. Im getting hungry and am ready to let one have it