Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Grandmother passed

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I spent the last 5 days in Chicago participating in my grandmother's (Bobchi's) funeral. She battled colon cancer for 5 years and it finally got the best of her last Thursday. She passed with my mom and uncle by her side. Her suffering finally ended and we were able to lay her to rest next to my grandfather (Gigi) who passed 35 years ago. It was a grand Ukrainian Catholic funeral and it's one I will never forget.

Below is a wedding picture (I added the color) of them in the German work camp during Work War II after it was liberated by the US. They lived there for several years before coming to the US in 1951. My mother was born at the camp.
wedding.jpg

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Very sorry for you loss. Grandparents are very special people. Your family will be in our prayers.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Dang sorry to hear this Mike. Sounds like they lived through a bunch in their lifetime and overcame many odds. Some good tough strong people right there.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Sorry to hear about your loss Mike. It's always tough losing a Grandparent. That generation has so much to teach us...

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Very sorry to hear about your loss Mike. There is a lot of heritage there. Something to be proud of for sure. Prayers are going out to you and your family.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Sorry to hear about the loss Mike.

I bet she liked being reunited with her husband after so many years apart and happy she no longer has to deal with the cancer. Now she can spend her days watching over everybody in the family and greeting those as they come home.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hate to hear this Mike. I am sorry for your loss, but want to thank you for sharing the information you did with us. Sounded like some strong people to endure what they did.