Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ground hunt

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
It fits in my back pack, plus it has a carabineer so you could attach it to your belt or outside of your pack as well. Out of all the seats/chairs that I own, this one is the most comfortable for me. Remember, I have four bulged lumbar discs.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Pretty awesome Mike. I have enjoyed hunting more on the ground then out of a stand the last couple years and this right here is exactly the reason why. Keep up the good work buddy. Might have to look into that seat as well.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
It is not the quietest material. If you move slowly enough, which is what you need to do most of the time anyway, it can be controlled.

Ok. This past week I got to try out the hammock seat a little bit when down at camp. Was a slow week so I did some exploring on WNF and setup in a few spots. First of all the seat is lightweight and clips easily to my backpack. Could also fit it in the backpack if I was carrying light, but I like snacks. Setup and teardown was very quick. Can easily do it in under a minute. It sometimes takes a couple of adjustments to the strap to get the seat at the right height. I was really surprised at ow comfortable the seat was, and also how easy it was to stand-up if you need to. The ability to pivot is also quite nice. The noise wasn't an issue, but it may depend on the clothing fabric type that you are wearing.

As far as purposes, I see these working out really nice where you want to scout and hunt all in the same day. Alot easier to pack in the mountains as compared to a climber especially if you don't really know where you are going to end up. Personally for bowhunting I would rather be in a tree, but I will still use it at times. Where I see this really being nice would be for things such as turkey, squirrel, deer gun/muzzleloader season, and even predator hunting. Would be alot nicer to have your butt off the ground when it is wet or cold. You can also adjust this so that you are barely above the ground or have it up more at a chair height.

Thanks Mike for the recommendation.