Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gunsmiths

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I highly recommend D&D Tactical out of Delaware. If you go that route tell Rich I said hello.

I'll keep you in the loop if I go that route. Not going to be able to do anything for a little while longer but wanted to get all my ducks in a row so I didn't put it off again like I have done several times in the past to get it fixed. It's not a GREAT gun but it does have some good memories behind it and would be fun to tote it out on a few hunts and bring those memories back to the top.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
When your working on a gun or a "lawn mower" take pictures as it comes spart. google csn tell you a lot but a Public Library might just have the info you need.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Be careful if the gun was subjected to heat in the fire and not just smoke and water damage. The temper in the steel could have been weakened.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Be careful if the gun was subjected to heat in the fire and not just smoke and water damage. The temper in the steel could have been weakened.

I don't think it was. Just smoke damage and then the surface rust from the water. My father and myself had used this gun for several years (post fire) before the firing pin broke.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
When your working on a gun or a "lawn mower" take pictures as it comes spart. google csn tell you a lot but a Public Library might just have the info you need.

I'm pretty good at taking things apart and putting them back together as long as it's not a bunch of pieces lol. I started taking pics of how things come apart when I got my cell phone years ago and continue to do so to this day. Way easier then back in the day and having to tag everything as it came off the motor or transmissions lmao.