Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Guy gets 11th DUI

Huckleberry Finn

And he's 29.

GALION -- A Galion man was sentenced to 20 months in prison after pleading no contest to one count of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, a fourth-degree felony. It was his 11th DUI.

Jason L. Sublett, 29, 1439 Stevens Road, was sentenced in Crawford County Common Pleas Court on Thursday by Judge Kathleen Aubry, visiting judge on assignment.

Crawford County Assistant Prosecutor Cliff Murphy said Sublett deserved a prison sentence.

"He has served time in county jail and has been to outpatient treatment. While out on bond, he was still drinking alcohol and driving a motor vehicle," Murphy said.

Murphy said Sublett's crime is a serious one that puts people in danger.

"This is your fourth DUI offense in six years. You have been to treatment and in jail to no avail and have done nothing to seek treatment while out on bond," Aubry said.

Sublett was represented by Mansfield attorney Jaceda Blazef.

"Mr. Sublett is a certified electrician, father of an 8-year-old daughter who he has custody of and an alcoholic," Blazef said.

Blazef asked the court to sentence Sublett to treatment, which would coincide with a Marion County sentence he received two weeks ago on another DUI charge.

"He has applied, interviewed and been accepted into the treatment program," Blazef said.

Sublett said he is sorry for what he has done.

"I take full responsibility for my actions. I have been accepted into the treatment program and won't let you down, myself down or my family down. I need help and I want help," Sublett said.

Sublett said he has never received inpatient treatment for his alcoholism.

Sublett was indicted by a Crawford County grand jury on Nov. 9, 2009. He will get credit for one day served in jail, had his licensed suspended for five years and will be required to pay a $1,150 fine and court costs.

Aubry said Sublett may be placed on three years probation after he is released from prison.

That dude needs some .45 therapy. That's baloney.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
There was a local 55 yo woman killed recently on her road by a 26 yo pregnant woman. This was at least the 3rd DUI for her, she had one in PA and one in Ohio. I read she blew a .25%. Being 6 month pregnant wasn't enough to stop her from drinking, Now she has killed an innocent woman and lost her baby too. :-(

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Just had a guy that I went to school with that got picked up on his 3rd or 4th DUI. This last one was a DUI and driving under suspension. Just slap him on the wrist and let him go on about his day.

You can take their Drivers license and car/truck away but it doesn't stop them.

Huckleberry Finn

If I could set the DUI laws, the first offense you'd get put in jail for a year. The second offense would result in 10 years. The third would result in roadside death.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

They should take the money they make on DUI's, and tax on booze; then use that revenue to fund a LAW requiring all cops to drive drunk people home upon request.

Another good idea...
Cigarette butts.. Personally, I'll flip butts out my window for as long as i smoke.. If they don't like it, Hire some deadbeat to pick them up and use the $1.25 a pack tax to pay them. At 6.25 cents tax per smoke, I'll throw them where i please.. Pay someone a nickle a butt bounty And you'll not only have a single butt on the street, but they'll still make 1.25 cents PER SMOKE revenue.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

They should take the money they make on DUI's, and tax on booze; then use that revenue to fund a LAW requiring all cops to drive drunk people home upon request.

Another good idea...
Cigarette butts.. Personally, I'll flip butts out my window for as long as i smoke.. If they don't like it, Hire some deadbeat to pick them up and use the $1.25 a pack tax to pay them. At 6.25 cents tax per smoke, I'll throw them where i please.. Pay someone a nickle a butt bounty And you'll not only have a single butt on the street, but they'll still make 1.25 cents PER SMOKE revenue.

Ride with us one night sweeping parking lots and you might change your mind. I generally agree with a lot of what you say jackalope. I can't on this one. Wednesday night I trained a new guy. I got him rolling and hopped out of the truck to run the backpack blower for awhile. I probably blew 5-7 cartons of smokes out from between cars, away from the building, along curbs, etc. Keep in mind, this is a location we sweep 7 days a week, 2hrs per night just to keep up with the litter. Hard to say how many cigarette butts we have swept up in the last 5 years, but I would not be surprised if it is in the millions. It is safe to say it is in the hundreds of thousands.

In regards to the DUI's, I won't be as harsh as Huck, but it needs to be a stiffer penalty. You would be surprised how many people I cannot even consider hiring because they will not make our insurance policy. Good number of them is because they have DUI's.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ride with us one night sweeping parking lots and you might change your mind. I generally agree with a lot of what you say jackalope. I can't on this one. Wednesday night I trained a new guy. I got him rolling and hopped out of the truck to run the backpack blower for awhile. I probably blew 5-7 cartons of smokes out from between cars, away from the building, along curbs, etc. Keep in mind, this is a location we sweep 7 days a week, 2hrs per night just to keep up with the litter. Hard to say how many cigarette butts we have swept up in the last 5 years, but I would not be surprised if it is in the millions. It is safe to say it is in the hundreds of thousands.

In regards to the DUI's, I won't be as harsh as Huck, but it needs to be a stiffer penalty. You would be surprised how many people I cannot even consider hiring because they will not make our insurance policy. Good number of them is because they have DUI's.

You might have missed the point buddy... lol My point to the whole thing is.. Yes they are both a problem. A problem that out government is making a shitload of money on.. However they aren't spending that money to take care of the problem.. Rather they let the problem continue so they can make even more money...

If they don't want people throwing butts, then put a redemption value on them from the 6.5 cents tax we already pay per cigarette... It's the most heavily taxed item there is. Wouldn't you like to get 2-5 cents per butt redemption value? They make 6.5 cents per butt, and you would never see another one if they paid 2-3 cents per butt for someone to clean them up.. Yet they don't.. They raise taxes on them to pay for everything else they want...

Same with DUI and tax on Alcohol... Use that tax and fines to pay for a program that will give drunks a ride home by the very cops that will arrest them if the drive. There is plenty of tax money from the alcohol to fund such a program and fix the problem.. But, then they wouldn;t make anymore DUI money.. They can't do that.. It's against their agenda.. Not fix the problem, but rather exploit it for money to be spent on other things.