Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

HAPPY 4th People!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Debridement day. Yay fun. 🤣

Wife: Go to the hospital and let them do that. You act like we don't have insurance. 🙄

Me: I have my combat lifesaver badge woman. It doesn't take a medical degree to peel an orange. I have silver sulfadiazine cream to treat it with, itll be alright. 🤣

20210706_214654_001.jpg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Debridement day. Yay fun. 🤣

Wife: Go to the hospital and let them do that. You act like we don't have insurance. 🙄

Me: I have my combat lifesaver badge woman. It doesn't take a medical degree to peel an orange. I have silver sulfadiazine cream to treat it with, itll be alright. 🤣

View attachment 130667
So, what degree of burn is that? Does not look pleasant at all. Recovery will suck for a while I'm sure. Wait until all the itching kicks in. Did the doc say you might have some permanent scaring at all from it too? Alls I know is that burns suck big donkey dicks and I've had my share of them. Not fun at all! Hope you get through it all quickly!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So, what degree of burn is that? Does not look pleasant at all. Recovery will suck for a while I'm sure. Wait until all the itching kicks in. Did the doc say you might have some permanent scaring at all from it too? Alls I know is that burns suck big donkey dicks and I've had my share of them. Not fun at all! Hope you get through it all quickly!

I was surprised after I debreid it that it was only deep second degree with some small spots of third. It should heal fine with some scarring that will fade over time.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I was surprised after I debreid it that it was only deep second degree with some small spots of third. It should heal fine with some scarring that will fade over time.

I'm sure those third degree areas will be nice and tender for a while. Knuckle areas will take the longest to completely heal. Keep it clean so you don't get any nasty infection. Thinking that is your dominate hand, I'm sure that will be hard to do I bet. Like I said, hope you recover quickly from it. Good Luck to ya!

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Gonna need extra lotion for awhile...
Actually looks better than I thought it would at this point.

Yeah not t bag. I was surprised considering most of the skin didn't blister but was hard skin like touching a dead person. Once I peeled it then it started weeping pretty good and I could see healthy hair follicles . I thought there would be more third degree than that.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Day three. Looking good, no signs of infection and I can see new skin forming. Burns are the gift that keep on giving. Twice a day bandage change and silver sulfadine application. Once a day debridment with a sterile gauz and antibacterial soap. Frequent range of motion exercises so the skin doesn't grow back tight. Fuckin riot I tell ya. 😅. Oh and fuck vicodin. Shit makes me seasick like a mother fucker, i'd rather have the hand pain. Some ranger candy and suck it up.

20210708_221753.jpg