Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Happy Birthday Denny....

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
6162BFFF-FC00-4FA8-A108-5001BC28D1C4.png

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Thank you all very much! And to show my appreciation, I put this special video together that should provide some more about me and where I came from 57 years ago. I really hope that many of you enjoy and thanks again!

Sincerely,
Denny - a.k.a. Wildlife, WildlifeOhio

20230207_054610cover.jpg

02/08/23 - On this day in history, I was born

Video description:

On this day in history, my mother almost did not make it to the hospital and both my father and she thought that I was about to be born right along the side of the road in feet of snow. The state route main thoroughfare was being cleared as quickly as possible straight to the Emergency Room of the hospital in Syracuse, New York, on February 8, 1966, which was over a 25-mile journey from our home at the time to the north of town where they got the brunt of the blizzard that is still talked about to this day by those that lived through it.

This very special video is brought to you because it is my birthday today, and my poor mother, who passed away decades ago, made it to the hospital just in time, barely. I was born within the hour of my parent’s arrival.

I hope you enjoy today’s special video, which does include factual historical information of the area I was born and raised, and where I currently live today within southern Ohio. This also includes today’s deer report as well.

Thank you for watching and if you like the video, kindly let me know, thanks!

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thank you all very much! And to show my appreciation, I put this special video together that should provide some more about me and where I came from 57 years ago. I really hope that many of you enjoy and thanks again!

Sincerely,
Denny - a.k.a. Wildlife, WildlifeOhio

View attachment 172855

02/08/23 - On this day in history, I was born

Video description:

On this day in history, my mother almost did not make it to the hospital and both my father and her thought that I was about to be born right along the side of the road in feet of snow. The state route main thoroughfare was being cleared as quickly as possible straight to the Emergency Room of the hospital in Syracuse, New York, February 8, 1966, which was over a 25 mile journey from our home at the time to the north of town where they got the brunt of the blizzard that is still talked about to this day by those that lived through it.

This very special video is brought to you because it is my birthday today, and obviously my poor mother, who passed away decades ago, made it to the hospital just in time, barely. I was born within the hour of my parents’ arrival.

I really hope you that enjoy today’s special video, which does include factual historical information of the area I was born and raised, and where I currently live today within southern Ohio. This also includes today’s deer report as well.

Thank you for watching and if you like the video, kindly let me know, thanks!
Was the 66 any worse than the 77 blizzard? Seems I’ve never heard about the 66 blizzard.

Reactions: Wildlife

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Was the 66 any worse than the 77 blizzard? Seems I’ve never heard about the 66 blizzard.

"J". the 77 blizzard wouldn't hold a candle to the 66, but it was still a helluva of a storm though because I remember it well. Back then, we used to get at least, one decent size blizzard a season/winter, and that was a lot of work for me, that I know.

The Northshore of Oneida Lake is well known for getting pounded with heavy winter type weather conditions. It was never a 'if' every year, it was always 'when', and we did our best to prepare for them every year. We survived or managed, and we were one of a handful of folks that lived in the same bay as us year around. Many were seasonal homes, such as camps.

Our Northshore sure seemed like it always got the brunt of nearly every storm that passed through that region of the state.

Anyway, yeah, many of times when visiting family and/or friends up in NY, occasionally the 66 blizzard does get brought up because of my birthday, and sometimes, those conversations tend to lead to shared story telling time of their experiences during that storm back then. Some of those stories that I recall now, are pretty darn remarkable, and probably should be written down in a book somewhere.

Anyhow, I hope I answered your question, and yeah, I wouldn't wish a storm like the 66 on anyone from what I know about it. The way folks talk about that storm back at home, "no other storm compares". I've heard that a lot when growing up.

Good night, "J", and thanks for asking!

Last edited: