Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hard to find bourbons...

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Thanks... I had a couple credit cards and my debit card get stolen last week, once I get that straightened out, I'll get you some cash. I don't think you're far from me.

Made some choices today. The first is for Jenna’s BF, sure hope he likes it.

1671241203524.jpeg

The other is for Christmas Eve. We are celebrating Christmas that day because Jenna has to work Christmas Day. Some of this will be used with the spatchcock turkey and the rest will be for sipping.

1671241405918.jpeg

Thank you for all your help TOO!! I’ve got a great list to work with for a while now.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

View attachment 168613

The other is for Christmas Eve. We are celebrating Christmas that day because Jenna has to work Christmas Day. Some of this will be used with the spatchcock turkey and the rest will be for sipping.

View attachment 168614

Thank you for all your help TOO!! I’ve got a great list to work with for a while now.
That Russell’s 10 is a goodun’.🥃👍🏻

Haven’t had the J. Magnus, looking forward to a review.👍🏻

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish

View attachment 168613

View attachment 168614

I've heard great things about the Magnus cigar blends, don't know much about the normal one. I've seen it in stores but haven't picked one up. The RR 10 year is a pretty good pour but not my preferred taste profile but I should open that bottle again.
I’m not sure I’ve seen this WT discussed, what are your thoughts on it?

seems to have a heavy price tag View attachment 168716
I really like the rare breed and I'd try it,its a single barrel so it won't be consistent. Some of the masters keeps and those are on my watch for list but I also have to find it at a price i'm willing to pay.

I've heard great things about the Magnus cigar blends, don't know much about the normal one. I've seen it in stores but haven't picked one up. The RR 10 year is a pretty good pour but not my preferred taste profile but I should open that bottle again.

I really like the rare breed and I'd try it,its a single barrel so it won't be consistent. Some of the masters keeps and those are on my watch for list but I also have to find it at a price i'm willing to pay.
The Cigar Blend JM they had was $250 and well out of my price range this time around. Sure hope the regular makes him happy. Opened the Russels Reserve today for a bourbon ball cookie recipe and had a couple on the side to go with. Definitely a good taste both straight and mixed. Bourbon balls turned out excellent!!

Fletch

Supporting Member
Went into a local liquor store to buy some Corona and a bottle of Drambuie... Guy said he'd hold me a bottle of Blanton's next time he got them in... So if he comes through it will be up for grabs....

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I thought he said $150 ish.....
Probably so, seems like it keeps going up every few months. I even looked for it when I was in ohio and Pennsylvania….it’s hard to find everywhere. Now Wild Turkey rare breed is harder to find in ohio (I did find some in November) but it is pretty easy to get here. Buffalo trace is difficult to find also.

Reactions: Fletch